Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Boasts Largest Opening Weekend in Franchise History, Topping $800 Million in Three Days

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II has topped $800 million sell-through in just three days, setting new records and delivering the largest opening weekend in the franchise's extensive history.

See full article...

Gonna say that's bigger than most any movie release I can think of.

Campaign was short, well done technically and with high production values. I thought the story was a bit campy, and somewhat over the top, but not out of character for a CoD game.

Guess people were really looking for that?

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for MW1 to be discounted, I have nothing but time. Ridiculous to ask 60 for a 3 year old game still.

Reviews are trickling in and they are not good. I hope the campaign doesn't suck. Either way... gonna stay frosty and this will be under $40 soon.

Reviews are trickling in and they are not good. I hope the campaign doesn't suck.
The sad thing is that it doesn't even matter, it is already a runaway success. It doesn't even need to be good, and that sends a very bad message.
Either way... gonna stay frosty and this will be under $40 soon.
MW1 is still 60 after 3 years. And this is 70 to boot, I doubt it will be ever $40, while fanboys are throwing money at them left right and center.

It's not a bad game by any means, and so far the single player is very good IMO. Multiplayer I only play against bots anymore, and they cap you and maximum of 5 bots in Free for all. I liked the larger maps in MW 2019 and the ability to have 11 bots at max.

MW1 is still 60 after 3 years. And this is 70 to boot, I doubt it will be ever $40, while fanboys are throwing money at them left right and center.
Got mine in a hardware bundle - otherwise I'd have nothing to say about it ;)

Yea this is one of those glitter trains I watch roll by. I don't want that gaming cancer on my systems.

The sad thing is that it doesn't even matter, it is already a runaway success. It doesn't even need to be good, and that sends a very bad message.

Cold war dropped pretty fast, I got it for $40 a couple months after release... then flipped it when I was done. Yea for physical media!

It's CoD. Most people don't buy them for the campaign anymore. It's all about MP and Warzone.

The fact that the Campaign is even mildly good is a win in my opinion.

I got a copy. I haven't had a chance to play it very much tho because of work but this weekend I intend to play a lot of it.

Angry Joe loved it which was kind of shocking. He usually doesn't like COD so much. It got me interested.... but I just refuse to drop $70 for a game. I would redbox it to try it, but they are all gone from my area, and the ones that do remain don't rent games any more. In fact I don't know where I could even rent a game any more....

Lets see if I can hold out a month or two for price drops. At least until BF.

Become a Patron!
Back