Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Made $600 Million in Just Three Days

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Activision's Modern Warfare reboot has turned out to be an incredible success. The latest Call of Duty title exceeded $600 million in sell-through worldwide in its first three days of release, making it the top-selling premium game release of 2019. It also earned the best-selling digital opening in Activision history.

“Call of Duty is once again the top selling new premium game of the year, proving the enduring nature of the franchise across console, PC, mobile, and esports,” said Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard’s Chief Executive Officer. “In its first three days of release, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare more than doubled the box office opening of Joker.”

If it's got split screen couch co-op for XBox One for campaign mode .. I'm in.

My wife and I like to play split screen coop stuff .. been through the Gears of war series, Halo (up until they messed up 5) .. still have to play Borderlands 3(had fun with 1st 2) .. Army of Two .. COD Black Ops 3 ...and some others I can't remember right now .. instead of sitting down to watch a movie together .. we'll play a movie .. ;)

Last edited:
I never understood the appeal of the Call of Duty or Battlefield series.

They always seemed like lowest common denominator run and gun nonsense to me.

I never understood the appeal of the Call of Duty or Battlefield series.

They always seemed like lowest common denominator run and gun nonsense to me.

I think they've done a knock out job on this release. Everything from the gun play to the audio is superb. TTK is perfect, movement is fluid, no pay-to-win or loot box b.s.. The audio, and I'm not talking gun sounds, is really really good. The positional audio actually slowed the game down some, making players pause and creep a bit. It's so much better than any other title I've played. Cross platform play is done perfectly. I can't tell any advantage a keyboard/mouse player has over a controller player. Yes, controllers get aim assist, but it's not aim lock and it doesn't snap on to target. Cross platform will also keep the PC player base alive and well for a long time.

As far as cross platform I can see a bit of an advantage in how fast I can aim, but I still get my *** kicked plenty by console players hiding behind things or ones that are already aimed at where ill be.

Holy.
I think if anything the bad may come its when another franchise, perhaps a different kind makes 300 million and its considered a failure by the publisher, and gets axed even if beloved.
I don't like these games, but good on them 100%.
Digital arts have really evolved to a huge huge market.

I think they've done a knock out job on this release. Everything from the gun play to the audio is superb. TTK is perfect, movement is fluid, no pay-to-win or loot box b.s.. The audio, and I'm not talking gun sounds, is really really good. The positional audio actually slowed the game down some, making players pause and creep a bit. It's so much better than any other title I've played. Cross platform play is done perfectly. I can't tell any advantage a keyboard/mouse player has over a controller player. Yes, controllers get aim assist, but it's not aim lock and it doesn't snap on to target. Cross platform will also keep the PC player base alive and well for a long time.

Interesting.

Maybe I should give it a try, even though saying "I'm going to play Call of Duty" makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit...

I'm still going to be comparing the dynamics and movement speed to Red Orchestra Classic, which IMHO is much more realistic than anything else I've played, but to most FPS gamers is FRUSTRATINGLY slow and molasses like.

Interesting.

Maybe I should give it a try, even though saying "I'm going to play Call of Duty" makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit...

I'm still going to be comparing the dynamics and movement speed to Red Orchestra Classic, which IMHO is much more realistic than anything else I've played, but to most FPS gamers is FRUSTRATINGLY slow and molasses like.

I believe the run and gun nonsense on the multiplayer end for sure. I enjoy the offline end of it more now. It's a great game.

I'll check it out when it's $30 or less. BF is coming...

Become a Patron!
Back