Capcom Announces Resident Evil Re:Verse, a Cel-Shaded Online Multiplayer Game

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
resident-evil-re-verse-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

As part of today’s Resident Evil Showcase, Capcom also announced that it would be releasing a brand-new online multiplayer game based on the Resident Evil franchise called Resident Evil Re:Verse. The game, which will be free to anyone who purchases Resident Evil Village, appears to be a cel-shaded title that pits classic characters such as Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine against one another in six-person deathmatches.

“As part of Resident Evil’s 25th anniversary, we also unveiled a brand-new online multiplayer game, Resident Evil Re:Verse!,” Capcom wrote. “Featuring fan-favorite characters clashing across familiar locales in the Resident Evil universe, buying Resident Evil Village will also grant you...

Continue reading...

RE deathmatch or something? What the f*ck???
All the other games they tried to make that were actually related to Resident Evil have all flopped hard. I guess they finally relented and are aiming for the lowest common denominator this time, though to be fair, Capcom have never really put any effort into their multiplayer games aside from Outbreak.

I'm of the more recently converted when it comes to the RE franchise (RE:7 Biohazard about a year after its release) but even then I got a stomach cramp when I read this.

Become a Patron!
Back