CD PROJEKT RED Confirms New Witcher Game In Development on Unreal Engine 5

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD PROJEKT RED has confirmed that a new Witcher game is in development.

Go to post

I hope the unreal engine can handle such a game, I'm not a huge fan of the engine and especially some of their quirks.

Awesome lets see what they do with it. From past demo's the engine seems to be able to handle a large world.

I'm surprised they are abandoning their own engine. Also I guess they are returning to the Witcher IP cuz CP2077 didn't sell so well?

I hope the unreal engine can handle such a game, I'm not a huge fan of the engine and especially some of their quirks.
Are there already games that use UE5? If so, I was not aware. I thought UE5 was still in some sort of developer preview. There are already issues with it huh? Have you messed around with UE5? Why are you not a fan of it? What kind of quirks does it have that you have a problem with?

Are there already games that use UE5? If so, I was not aware. I thought UE5 was still in some sort of developer preview. There are already issues with it huh? Have you messed around with UE5? Why are you not a fan of it? What kind of quirks does it have that you have a problem with?
I did not say UE5 specifically but most of my gripes with the unreal engine have to do with the controls

BL3 changing the movement keys does not change them for the map, using WASD on an AZERTY keyboard to pan around the map is a PITA
Gears 5 changing the movement keys does not change them for the skiff making that thing a ryal pita to the point I quit the game
Also in BL2 you can get stuck on small ledges like stairs where you should just be able to walk over, this is easily solved by jumping over them, seems this is tied to the frame rate.

These may seem small but having 740+ hours in BL3 I can assure you a not insignificant nr of profanities were uttered trying to use the map.

Become a Patron!
Back