CD PROJEKT RED Settles Class-Action Lawsuit over Cyberpunk 2077’s Buggy, “Virtually Unplayable” Launch for $1.85 Million

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077's buggy and controversial launch continues to haunt CD PROJEKT RED, according to a new motion filed this week that will see the Polish developer paying $1.85 million to settle the class-action lawsuit filed against it in 2020 by upset investors who claimed the sci-fi RPG's launch state was deliberately hidden from them and caused them to lose money.

See full article...

I don't suppose class members were receptive to payment offers in the form of GOG codes for Cyberpunk 2077 (with season pass/DLC).

Very cheap for them. They sold over 20 million copies of the game. They can pay this settlement from 50.000 copies, easy.

I certainly don't care. Lawyers are doing all the work afterall.
Lawyers take no risks, they always get paid whether they loose or win. I wish I could be paid that well for failing at my job.

But I guess it is slightly more honest work than being a scalper,or cryptobro, so there is that.

Lawyers take no risks, they always get paid whether they loose or win. I wish I could be paid that well for failing at my job.

But I guess it is slightly more honest work than being a scalper,or cryptobro, so there is that.
99% of the time on big cases like this they don't have any payout on a loss. Nada.

99% of the time on big cases like this they don't have any payout on a loss. Nada.
Because cases like this are taken by law-firms who speculate on the wins outweighing the losses, they select their cases very wisely. The lawyers still get paid by the firm.

AFAIK lawyers rarely go for the win. They go for the settlement instead. That way they still get the big bucks and save a lot of time. Most of the time, plaintiffs don't even get an apology, since as part of the settlement the defendant won't recognize any wrong doing. The best part? the defendant can't be sued again for the same thing.

AFAIK lawyers rarely go for the win. They go for the settlement instead. That way they still get the big bucks and save a lot of time. Most of the time, plaintiffs don't even get an apology, since as part of the settlement the defendant won't recognize any wrong doing. The best part? the defendant can't be sued again for the same thing.
Yea there is some shady stuff I bet that happens around that. But that can be said about every industry sadly. It's funny but those of us that operate day in day out in the light find less overall benefit to our monetary situations yet those that take advantage of the system generally are doing better off.

One would think the scales should tip the other way.

They go for the settlement because it is a done deal. Going to trial is a risk even if the case is solid. Same for the companies getting sued, if they go to trial and loose in a civil suit, it is possible they get a criminal investigation based on that too.

The whole system is rotten, companies get away with literal murder, and lawyers get rich on both sides from the blood money.

They go for the settlement because it is a done deal. Going to trial is a risk even if the case is solid. Same for the companies getting sued, if they go to trial and loose in a civil suit, it is possible they get a criminal investigation based on that too.

The whole system is rotten, companies get away with literal murder, and lawyers get rich on both sides from the blood money.
I think they look for the settlement, simply because its too easy. Big companies don't really want to waste time, money and bad publicity, so they settle, its the perfect way to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back