CES to End a Day Earlier Due to COVID-19

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
ces-logo-light-blue-gradient-1024x576.jpg
Image: CES

CES will now end a day earlier on January 7 to mitigate the risks of COVID-19.

“As the world’s most influential technology event, CES is steadfast in its pledge to be the gathering place to showcase products and discuss ideas that will ultimately make our lives better,” said Gary Shapiro (President and CEO, CTA). “We are shortening the show to three days and have put in place comprehensive health measures for the safety of all attendees and participants.”

The Omicron variant continues to rapidly spread. Many have switched from in-person to virtual events. One of the latest is KIOXIA, which is expected to showcase PCIe 5.0 SSDs and flash memory. The company had...

Continue reading...

I'm waiting and looking forward to these in person events being good again.

Things will never go back to being the same, from the first covid, and it shouldn't and I just do not understand the pillar of salt here that people are dying, literally, to get back out there to do the same reckless stuff (vaccine/boosters are not working) that has mostly helped to increase these new hourly cases.

There will always be an "unknown pathogen" that will arise, one worst than the other, and until that is seared in people's minds, cases will continue to rise.

Things will never go back to being the same, from the first covid, and it shouldn't and I just do not understand the pillar of salt here that people are dying, literally, to get back out there to do the same reckless stuff (vaccine/boosters are not working) that has mostly helped to increase these new hourly cases.

There will always be an "unknown pathogen" that will arise, one worst than the other, and until that is seared in people's minds, cases will continue to rise.

lol....you're more than welcome to stay in your hole and be a good little subject.

lol....you're more than welcome to stay in your hole and be a good little subject.
I don't think it matters much how much I do, or do not, worry about covid any more.

The issue is that everyone else still is, or isn't. Society, by definition, consists of more than one person - and it's all the other people that are ruining it for me.

How dafaq ever said anything about locking yourself down inside/live in a bubble?

If that is what you got from "things will never be the same", well, you have very poor comprehension skills.

If being vigilant and aware constitutes a bubble in " your" eye, well, call me Bubble Boy.

The FPS Review mobile version could benefit from some updated features for 2022, e.g. editing, etc., you know?!

I would hope everyone here is contributing to folding at home for sprint 11 of the Covid moonshot. Given that a non trivial part of society appears to be incapable of simple preventative measures, a cheap anti viral pill appears to be the next best option. Your compute cycles can help.

OK, but did anybody tell covid that it is only allowed to spread on weekends?

That's exactly why it is pointless to ruin the economy and people's lives / morale with useless mandates that do nothing.

Every life counts sounds good on a political ad, but when you realize that saving every last person means ruining the life of millions, it is perhaps not such a good idea.

Why didn't we want to save everyone during flu seasons? A lot of people died of the flu every year, yet nobody said anything about locking down entire countries and making travel more restricted than during the soviet union.

I fully supported lockdowns before vaccinations had begun, but we can't have them forever.

Making events only attendable by a few privileged people is creating a new underclass, of lesser citizens. I've literally had to put my life on hold since early 2020, I could do nothing I planned due to ever changing travel restrictions and mandates. Enough is enough.

That's exactly why it is pointless to ruin the economy and people's lives / morale with useless mandates that do nothing.

Every life counts sounds good on a political ad, but when you realize that saving every last person means ruining the life of millions, it is perhaps not such a good idea.

Why didn't we want to save everyone during flu seasons? A lot of people died of the flu every year, yet nobody said anything about locking down entire countries and making travel more restricted than during the soviet union.

I fully supported lockdowns before vaccinations had begun, but we can't have them forever.

Making events only attendable by a few privileged people is creating a new underclass, of lesser citizens. I've literally had to put my life on hold since early 2020, I could do nothing I planned due to ever changing travel restrictions and mandates. Enough is enough.
It appears you've taken the red pill and jumped I to the red pool.

Just take a look at the numbers here.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

it's not small.

No one is stopping you from living the rest of your life in fear hermet'd up in your house.

Just don't expect everyone else to do the same. Or try to impose that on everyone else.

We're not scared.

It's hilarious... that people are freaked out about getting shots and such. I'm not saying don't go out. My family is doing activities and such normally but we are also current on our shots and grew up with the mantra of rub some dirt in it. So yea we understand exposure builds tolerance but getting the shots helps build it FASTER. America is on a slippery slope with this just like we are with every other issue that impinges our convenience.... but that's another story.

It's hilarious... that people are freaked out about getting shots and such. I'm not saying don't go out. My family is doing activities and such normally but we are also current on our shots and grew up with the mantra of rub some dirt in it. So yea we understand exposure builds tolerance but getting the shots helps build it FASTER. America is on a slippery slope with this just like we are with every other issue that impinges our convenience.... but that's another story.

Sounds to me like you are a subject, and not in control of your own life or decisions.

Sounds to me like you are a subject, and not in control of your own life or decisions.
The reasonable, science informed populace made their decisions and got vaccinated in mid 2020. The unreasonable, the ignorant, and the stubborn are finally getting the decision made for them. Unfortunately, there was much too much waiting deploying the stick, and we’re increasingly looking at Covid becoming endemic .

The reasonable, science informed populace made their decisions and got vaccinated in mid 2020. The unreasonable, the ignorant, and the stubborn are finally getting the decision made for them. Unfortunately, there was much too much waiting deploying the stick, and we’re increasingly looking at Covid becoming endemic .

It seldomly ends well for early adopters. Some of the first vaccinations of the polio virus back in the 50s was a huge failure. Caused children to lose limbs or die from it. Sure, our medical capabilities are far superior to those from the 50s; but not a single person on this planet has any idea of the long term problems those vaccines can have.

So, years from now when I'm watching late night TV and their is an ad about getting receiving compensation from receiving the first doses of the COVID vaccine I'll be happy to know that I'm not one of them.

Additionally, if the vaccine works. Then it shouldn't matter if I get it or not.

PS
I've already had COVID; or at least I was informed after having a test. I'd rather get COVID every year than get the seasonal flu.
COVID? Was tired, slight fever for about a day or two.
FLU? I'm done for the week or more.

It seldomly ends well for early adopters. Some of the first vaccinations of the polio virus back in the 50s was a huge failure. Caused children to lose limbs or die from it. Sure, our medical capabilities are far superior to those from the 50s; but not a single person on this planet has any idea of the long term problems those vaccines can have.

So, years from now when I'm watching late night TV and their is an ad about getting receiving compensation from receiving the first doses of the COVID vaccine I'll be happy to know that I'm not one of them.

Additionally, if the vaccine works. Then it shouldn't matter if I get it or not.

PS
I've already had COVID; or at least I was informed after having a test. I'd rather get COVID every year than get the seasonal flu.
COVID? Was tired, slight fever for about a day or two.
FLU? I'm done for the week or more.
What percentage qualifies as “seldom”? If it’s common for vaccines to have significant issues, can you point to examples more recent than 70 years ago? Can you cite issues with the chicken pox vaccine, for example, which is much more recent?

What percentage qualifies as “seldom”? If it’s common for vaccines to have significant issues, can you point to examples more recent than 70 years ago? Can you cite issues with the chicken pox vaccine, for example, which is much more recent?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...use-side-effects-years-after-approval-n757526

Of the 222 drugs approved by the FDA from 2001 through 2010, nearly 1/3 (33%) of them ended up with unexpected, sometimes life-threatening side effects or complications.

Including serious skin reactions, liver damage, cancer and even death.

Most of those side effects were not seen during the initial review process.

However, keep in mind that even though they were later discovered it was still considered a "success".

Become a Patron!
Back