China Bans Foreign Computer Equipment from Government and Public Offices

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Beijing has taken a pivotal step toward its goal of supporting Chinese tech, and Chinese tech only. According to a Financial Times report, China's government offices and public institutions have been banned from using foreign software and computers, which could comprise as many as 30 million pieces of hardware. These entities have been given three years to switch to "national" alternatives.

China has laid out broad ambitions to become a global tech champion in just a few years, a policy known as "Made in China 2025." The clash with the United States may have accelerated Beijing's timetable to wean the country off US technology, and become more self-reliant.

Lol so the same **** we pull. Made in X cause nationalism. Good luck getting supercomputers and anything competitive now. Pretty sure almost every embedded Linux system would be banned too right cause code is contributed by Americans too as well as the rest of the world. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Just need the Sino-Russian-Korean alliance now, and they can have their own internet all running their own software and hardware.

I won’t miss any off it, but I am sure a lot of Big tech and auto companies are crapping themselves as they were all looking to China as the next big market

Well its has been breaking off for a bit, now its all breaking off... Tech, internet and high finances.
I don't think theres an argument to be made against the fact that we (and Europe) abused and are still abusing our position in high finance.
The allainces between China and other are already happening at incredible speed, with trade between China and Russia growing tremendously. The split in high finances has been on going for a while now, and the de-dolarization has too, with Russia a little more advanced in this, surely influencing China to do the same (they are already selling US debt, slowly, and will continue to do so most likely... They will do it slowly as that benefits them more)
The arrest of that high level executive in Canada was a mayor miscalculation on our part... As it would be if they did the same to Jeff Bezos or Tim Cook.
Not its not going to be pleasant for us here, we been flirting with "de coupling" .. clearly the Chinese are serious even if they keep appearances here and there. I mean we can tell our selves USA, USA all we want, but pain will be coming, more and more should the Chinese choose to influence and corrupt and /or knock governments out around them so that is helps them and make trade with US is less beneficial in the process.
They do have and extensive CIA playbook to study, as well as decades of US hypocritical diplomacy to follow for this side project.

This hardware elimination process is happening this time, its only a matter of time before their private sector follows suit, if anything the government will work out a bunch of the kinks, and the deployment will be easier and easier.
Its too bad too, the Chinese seem to prefer to buy our **** in a big way often say they prefer it... Its hard not to believe it when it comes with a check of billions.. like Qualcomm chips for example, Huawei got them by the billions of dollars.. they said they prefer , but we blocked them... It was supposed to be impossible to substitute, yet they did with a bunch of tech from Europe and maybe eastern Europe, I don't know.... I think I seem to remember we thought it was a death blow.. it wasn't. This they are doing on their own, so its difficult to think its a 'death blow' or it would be too difficult to eliminate this hardware. Btw, this announcement comes right on time with Huawei announcement of a desktop level ARM solution.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the world isn't going to remotely get better until the boomers across the world are dead?

Become a Patron!
Back