Chris Hemsworth Reveals What His Kids’ Friends Thought About Thor 4: “I Cringe and Laugh Equally At It”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
GQ has published a new feature about Chris Hemsworth, and in one portion, the 39-year-old actor reveals that some of his biggest critics are actually little kids—namely, his kids' own eight-year-old friends. “It’s a bunch of eight-year-olds critiquing my film. ‘We thought this one had too much humour, the action was cool but the VFX weren’t as good,’” Hemsworth said about Thor: Love Thunder, a movie that he, while fun to make, now describes as being too silly: “I cringe and laugh equally at it.” Elsewhere in the interview, Hemsworth mentions that he is thinking a lot about being a director, although he was told by Ben Affleck that the job is "exhausting."

See full article...

Yeah, 8 year olds are more intelligent and mature than Taika Waititi, and this guy is in charge of the next Star Wars. :rolleyes:

I really liked Ragnarök and thought I'd like Love and Thunder. There were parts I enjoyed but, yeah, it was too much. I've tried to rewatch it a couple of times and maybe made it through a 2nd time. Thor was one of my staple comics back in the day, even had some really poor condition Journey into Mystery issues (3rd or 4th appearance) and most of the Simonson run plus a good chunk of the 70s. There were occasional silly moments but Taika took it a bit too far. For a bit I was on the Taika bandwagon but after Our Flag Means Death and this I'm pretty much over it. Everything needs checks and balances and he needs someone that can temper some of those ideas instead of encouraging off the deep rails.

I'm fine if they retire the character since I feel they covered most of what should've been. A guest cameo in a Galactus movie with Firelord, Tryranus (probably spelled wrong), and maybe Mephisto could be fun but even that's a stretch. Unfortunately, they pretty much already ruined Ego so that story is off the table.

Become a Patron!
Back