Cloudflare Mitigates 26 Million Request per Second DDoS Attack, Largest on Record

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cloudflare has revealed that it had automatically detected and mitigated a 26 million request per second DDoS attack last week, the largest HTTPS DDoS attack on record, according to the content delivery network and DDoS mitigation company.

Go to post

That is a lot of zombie systems... I wonder if they were 'free' systems on the various cloud vendor environments.

Like the company I work for is US only currently so automatically blocks any traffic from international IP's. So how many millions per second of those attacks would we be blocking on our own?

That is a lot of zombie systems... I wonder if they were 'free' systems on the various cloud vendor environments.

Like the company I work for is US only currently so automatically blocks any traffic from international IP's. So how many millions per second of those attacks would we be blocking on our own?
We do the same, block all international traffic. We receive an ungodly amount of international traffic daily. Our cisco's don't even break a sweat.

Become a Patron!
Back