Cooler Master Unveils Open-Air PC Case, First In-House PSU, and More in Virtual Showcase

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cooler-master-masterframe-700-lifestyle-cropped-1024x576.jpg

Popular hardware manufacturer Cooler Master has launched its virtual catalog of 2021 products, which comprises new cases, cooling fans, power supplies, peripherals, and more. One of the items that caught our attention is the MasterFrame 700, a $169 open-air PC case that seems perfect for enthusiasts who want to show off their system’s internals in a unique form factor. Thanks to an alternate mode, the MasterFrame is also ideal for use as a test bench.

“The MasterFrame 700...

Continue reading...

Gotta admit. I'm a bit intrigued by that case. By far the most revolutionary change I've seen in a while outside of some of the oddly shaped or dual cases. I've been itching to get a new case and this might be the one.

edit: Just wondering what those three fans on the right are doing. I don''t see any radiator lines running from them. I guess the plant needed to breathe. ;)

edit: Just wondering what those three fans on the right are doing. I don''t see any radiator lines running from them. I guess the plant needed to breathe.

Seeing how those are on a hinge I am assuming you could move them to blow directly on the motherboard and GPU? I would be open as well to a case like this at some point.

Seeing how those are on a hinge I am assuming you could move them to blow directly on the motherboard and GPU? I would be open as well to a case like this at some point.
Yeah I think they open up to allow access but normally would be hinged “closed” so the fans blow right over the components

For sure, I was just making fun. In watching the video they show how you could mount a reservoir by that hinge so those fans would help cool it. I'm really thinking of trying to get one of these. I've been wanting to get into liquid cooling for some time but want to do something different and this just might be it.

Can only imagine the dust and $hit that can get sucked in from everywhere.
Great case for cats....or vermin...not.
Interesting concept, but is a real niche.

What you don't want to leave your computer running all night just to hear a *cruch* *YOWL* of the curious cat that just stuck it's entire paw into your delta fan?

Further that marketing image has been digitally touched up to make it look cleaner than it is. Notice there are NO power supply cords coming from the power supply over to where they are all plugged into the motherboard. Also note that the angle of the power supply is slightly off to the arm it's attached to. Some things look too off and digitally ruined.

What you don't want to leave your computer running all night just to hear a *cruch* *YOWL* of the curious cat that just stuck it's entire paw into your delta fan?

Further that marketing image has been digitally touched up to make it look cleaner than it is. Notice there are NO power supply cords coming from the power supply over to where they are all plugged into the motherboard. Also note that the angle of the power supply is slightly off to the arm it's attached to. Some things look too off and digitally ruined.
Something else kind of funny. Even they couldn't source an RTX 30-series card for this pic.

Ive got a friend that wants one fo these so. bad. He's on a "Mount everything to the wall" kick. Guess the guys loves his desk space lol.
Yeah, I'm not keen on mounting on my wall. If I do this I'm going to have to rig something up for a vesa mount. Currently my HAF sits on a small stand next to the LG C9 in the living room so I'd really need to think about how I'm going to re-orient it and keep safe. Maybe I'll just look into a new desk to mount it to as I currently have one about ten feet from the T.V.

However, I love the accessibility since I really want to do a custom loop for my rig and have both my CPU and GPU liquid cooled for both improved performance and silence. This could allow much easier options than my current case while allowing it to breath even more.

I really like the idea of this case. Thermaltake has one too. I bought one of their Core P3 Snow Edition almost 3 years ago and it's still in the box. I'll get around to it someday. :(

Meh I'd take an Inwin s-frame but they have been sold out for ages

Become a Patron!
Back