Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold 650W Power Supply Review

Paul_Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
Cooler Master V650 SFX GOLD

Cooler Master Co. LTD. is a company that is well known for producing enthusiast computer cases and has been in business for almost 25 years. In addition to cases, Cooler Master has product lines for CPU and GPU heatsinks, case fans, various accessories, and power supplies. Cooler Master’s entry into the power supply market has been rather mixed with some good products, and some that could use improvement. Today, we are reviewing one of Cooler Master’s middle-of-the-road (capacity-wise) SFX units targeted specifically at gamers the V650 SFX GOLD (MPY-6501-SFHAGV) which is produced in conjunction with Gospower.

[url="https://www.thefpsreview.com/2022/02/24/cooler-master-v650-sfx-gold-650w-power-supply-review/"]Continue reading...

I recently purchased the V850 SFX Gold for the Cooler Master NR200P case. I couldn't be more pleased with how it deals with the 5600X and 6800XT.
Quiet, and suits.

The cables are a bit stiff though. Sff cable management I am not happy with just yet. Allows for lots of expansion tho.

The cables are a bit stiff though. Sff cable management I am not happy with just yet. Allows for lots of expansion tho.
I assume that I'm just buying too cheap and I don't have a great sample size, but man, I absolutely despise stock PSU cables. I've definitely started 'de-sleeving' some of them, especially the 24-pin ATX lead. In my personal system I did that and also replaced the PCIe cables with CableMod cables as I didn't want to deal with the 'pigtails' on those, so I have three cables that are straight 8-pin on the PSU to 8-pin on the GPU.

Other complaint, with my 850 is, coil whine in certain applications.

I ordered a Meshlicious case to go with the 850W. I'll probably move my MSI B450I/Ryzen 1600AF/GTX 1080 into it. Been pretty tempted to do a 12400 ITX build, though.

Become a Patron!
Back