Cooler Master Wants You to ELV8

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
elv8-1024x576.jpg

Source: Cooler Master

Cooler master has come up with a nifty and simple way to alleviate sagging cards. As graphics cards continue to grow in size sagging has become an increasingly common issue. Glad to know I’m not the only one sagging as I get older.

Some use straps to hold their cards up but Cooler Master has announced the ELV8 universal graphics card holder. This bracket mounts easily to your case and is designed to protect your motherboard and gpu. I think most will appreciate it’s simplicity.

elv8-back-1024x256.jpg

Source: Cooler Master

For those wanting some added RGB to draw more even attention they’ve got that covered too. The front side has a rgb strip that is controllable via RGB software. With the holidays around the corner this could be a nice thing to include for that special person you may buy a card for.

I was just looking for a way to add even more RGB to my case.

Trying to picture exactly how this bolts on... it screws onto the top of the PCI card rail on the case the clip hooks up underneath the top of the shroud? Will that work on all cards?

I was just looking for a way to add even more RGB to my case.

Trying to picture exactly how this bolts on... it screws onto the top of the PCI card rail on the case the clip hooks up underneath the top of the shroud? Will that work on all cards?

I was thinking the same on both accounts or at least something similar. I'm of mixed opinions with RGB but I have seen some nice rigs every now and then over at GURU3d. The rig I'd put something like this in does have a number of 'blue' fans plus a couple of white ones at the back. That's pretty much it. My other rig normally doesn't have any RGB on except for the holidays since it's in the living room.

I'm considering ordering this for my 2080TI because I haven't done a strap and pretty sure that thing needs it. Not to mention the motherboard is getting up in age now so I'd rather not let that port take on unnecessary physical stress. Doesn't look like air cooled top tier cards will ever be able to go on diets so pretty sure whatever replaces that 2080TI down the road will need it too.

My GPU sits on my pump resivor combo. And it weighs like 2lbs with the full copper block.

Is this sagging a problem people are actually having? I've seen motherboard PCBs flex but never a GPU

Is this sagging a problem people are actually having? I've seen motherboard PCBs flex but never a GPU

Unfortunately, yes. Used to just be something that might only happen with older rigs and as you say, things would flex. These days there are some cards that start shortly after install. It's not just flex from the motherboard but you can see the edge of the card now dipping as they edge even closer to the front of even the biggest cases. There's plenty of low cost easy solutions. A wire, cable, or strap. This is just something a bit flashier and more substantial.

I could have used one of these several cards ago .. but my current 5700XT is staying nice and straight on my ASRock x470.. this would block the Radeon lighted emblem on the card too me thinks .. :unsure:

Become a Patron!
Back