Corsair Launches Many New Components, including Liquid CPU Coolers and RGB Cases

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has more to announce today than just its VENGEANCE a8100 and i8100 Gaming PCs with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPUs. Joining those pre-built systems are a slew of upgrades to a wide range of the company's most acclaimed PC components, including the AF RGB ELITE, Corsair's highest-performing RGB fans, as well as new liquid CPU cooler options in the form of the iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX XT, ELITE LCD XT, and RGB ELITE Series. New 4000D/5000D RGB AIRFLOW cases have also been introduced, featuring what Corsair has described as stylish looks.

See full article...

Wow, this is pretty bad on the case side. Charging that much for a case by just installing RGB fans and a controller? Also it seems like every manufacturer keeps releasing new components every few months or sometimes less.

Wow, this is pretty bad on the case side. Charging that much for a case by just installing RGB fans and a controller? Also it seems like every manufacturer keeps releasing new components every few months or sometimes less.
Yep, they are getting expensive and they do seem to be getting announced quite often and quickly.

Yep, they are getting expensive and they do seem to be getting announced quite often and quickly.
Seems like they release one component while they already have a replacement in the works ready to go. Starting to see a trend of cash grabbing here IMO. We all know the world of PC's is never future proof, but who wants to get a component knowing in a month or two it's replacement is already here. Hardware is what it is, but components shouldn't be this way.

Have yall seen what they charge for their fans and controller alone?

I'll have to look later. It's not something I normally need so haven't really been tracking. Short on time today so I'll give a look tomorrow. These days, since I'm rocking AIOs on the CPU and GPU, I usually only have one fan so no need for anything more complicated but I did have a ton going on before with my older rigs.

I'll have to look later. It's not something I normally need so haven't really been tracking. Short on time today so I'll give a look tomorrow. These days, since I'm rocking AIOs on the CPU and GPU, I usually only have one fan so no need for anything more complicated but I did have a ton going on before with my older rigs.
the icue controller is $50, and a 3 pack of their fans ranges from $75-120.

I really like Corsair cases, but man their fans are a wire management nightmare. Not to mention very expensive .

I really like Corsair cases, but man their fans are a wire management nightmare. Not to mention very expensive .
It's great that the case comes with the controller. But if you buy a 360 AIO and want all your fans to match you're dropping another $75-120 to replace the AIO fans.

Stuff gets expensive quick.

It's great that the case comes with the controller. But if you buy a 360 AIO and want all your fans to match you're dropping another $75-120 to replace the AIO fans.

Stuff gets expensive quick.
I have a 7000X here that I used for a while that came with all that stuff. I immediately removed all the fans and controller and replaced them with Lian Li fans and their controller to eliminate the wire mess. Still have the Corsair fans and controller, but will probably never use them.

This is what happens when you IPO. Gotta get that 10+ % year over year growth.

I'm just waiting for them to start charging a sub for automated updates so they can add RMR to their portfolio.

Become a Patron!
Back