Corsair Might Be Making Displays Soon

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Corsair2-1024x576.jpg

Corsair may aiming its sights on yet another segment of the PC gaming market. OC3D has taken notice of a few details that may indicate their next target will be the display market. Recently Corsair had a survey from users regarding their display usage. OC3D also mentioned how Corsair had posted for a job opening on Indeed for a Monitor Product Manager.

It would seem that the company, initially known for making memory, has plans to expand into virtually every area of the PC market. Over the years we’ve seen them continually add new product offerings to the gaming community. Here’s a list of some:
  • Cases
  • Keyboards
  • Mice
  • Headsets
  • Custom Cooling
  • Fans
  • Mouse Pads
  • Memory
  • PSU’s
  • AIO’s
  • Gaming PCs
  • Gaming Chairs
  • Storage
  • Ambient Lighting in the form of add on rgb’s
I’ve used both ram and PSU’s from them over the years and been quite happy. As someone who is very keen on IQ I’ll be keeping a close eye on their progress with this and wishing them the best. It can be a tough market. Display options in recent years have grown almost exponentially and don’t seem to be slowing down. What are your thoughts on another player is the display market?

Last edited:
There's no lack of displays. I don't see what adding another freesync/gsync 2k/4k 27-34" display on the market is going to do for consumers.

We all know it's going to be in that format.

Bet they'll include some sweet RGB on their line of monitors.

I can't say too many negative things about Corsair - I've had a variety of their products over the years, one dead PSU that they RMA'd without hassle, and it's always been a decent time with them.

They went through that weird period of time with the 'tramp stamp' logo, but we've all gone through that phase and I can't be too harsh on them for it.

So I been inside the google search rabbit hole for color accurate color capable monitors for 300ish level.. not the easiest thing. I wish manufacturers paid more attention to color accuracy and gamut
.. looking at monitors side by side and laptops and all that colors are all over tha place... These 'gaming' monitors are all about refresh rates and response times (supposed response times anyway) ... But color consideration goes by the way side.
Some of the specs on gaming monitors sound bs ish to be honest...

So I been inside the google search rabbit hole for color accurate color capable monitors for 300ish level.. not the easiest thing. I wish manufacturers paid more attention to color accuracy and gamut
.. looking at monitors side by side and laptops and all that colors are all over tha place... These 'gaming' monitors are all about refresh rates and response times (supposed response times anyway) ... But color consideration goes by the way side.
Some of the specs on gaming monitors sound bs ish to be honest...

If you want good color and fast refresh rates you're not going to find one for $300. Well, maybe, but it's going to be 1080P. Most likely IPS panel. $500 is a good place to start where you start seeing good color and fast refresh for a 2K 27" display.

If you want good color and fast refresh rates you're not going to find one for $300. Well, maybe, but it's going to be 1080P. Most likely IPS panel. $500 is a good place to start where you start seeing good color and fast refresh for a 2K 27" display.
True true.. might up budget to 500 ish.. don't mind rez much, but color, **** talk about confused as f...
Professional is whole other beast, of course its all there... For the moolah .. sure.
I guess I do get it, must be harder to make panels better at reproducing more color, and having no or less light bleed, and things of this nature, hence all the crazy money.
Those Apple display sans the stand might be a good deal... For professionals I mean (not for me at this moment)

Honestly I am fine with this. And I would be more apt to try them than another cheapo brand. That's because of my experience with other corsair product being above par.

I have to agree on the color accuracy front. For years it was on the back burner and honestly not something I even really thought about. Like most I was focused on resolution and refresh rates. Then I got a cinema 4k professional grade monitor(LG 31MU97B) which had a 99% Adobe RGB and couldn't believe all the colors and details I'd never seen before. Since then the color space specs, nits, resolution, refresh rates, panel type, latency/response time, are all details that play a factor in my buying choices. From console to PC I think it's a shame how many gamers lose out on image quality by not understanding how all this information can affect their gaming experience and color accuracy is widely overlooked.

Seeing as all the panels are manufactured by a couple of corps, I'm not sure what this really brings the consumer that isn't already out there.

Seeing as all the panels are manufactured by a couple of corps, I'm not sure what this really brings the consumer that isn't already out there.

RGB integration with iCUE.

Aside from that I'd bet their entries are going to be in the 27-34" 2K 144Hz IPS panel space. Great color, fast enough, big enough and cost between $500-750. I don't see them entering the budget panel market that's already over saturated.

Figure an Aorus/Predator clone with their own lighting.

I think Corsair should make/sell/back GPUs..........have said it for years.
Their customer support is fabulous. They could do well.

Good luck on the monitor thing.

I tend to think that companies should focus in on a small number of things they are good at, and not make everything for everyone. That's how you lose focus.

I still tend to think of Corsair as a company that makes RAM, Cases and AIO Coolers, and thats probably the only thing I'd buy from them.

I tend to think that companies should focus in on a small number of things they are good at, and not make everything for everyone. That's how you lose focus.

I still tend to think of Corsair as a company that makes RAM, Cases and AIO Coolers, and thats probably the only thing I'd buy from them.

See and I think keyboard, mouse, powersupply and ram. and AIO coolers. and cases. And they do them well. I trust the brand at this point to enter a segment of the market and do well at a price point I am ok with.

See and I think keyboard, mouse, powersupply and ram. and AIO coolers. and cases. And they do them well. I trust the brand at this point to enter a segment of the market and do well at a price point I am ok with.

I think it would be a stretch to say Corsair "does power supplies well". They have a rather mixed track record here. Occasionally they have rebranded the good stuff, but not always.

I was thinking the same thing.

Mostly true. I will say that in the last year or so we've begun to at least see some variations. Starting to see HDR1000 panels, seems like more ultra-wide options, and more beyond the 24"-27" norm. Since the shakeup of vrr it also seems like there's a lot more panels offering one or the other. I noticed when checking the BF sales this year it seemed like the majority had vrr whereas even few years ago it was the opposite. Also not uncommon to see some closer to, or exceeding, 100% sRGBor Adobe RGB. Even if there's limited sources they are at least offering more now giving the manufacturers increased options to market.

If they tie this in with icue, I wont be recommending.
The latest version is required to connect to Corsair on boot before it functions.
Bad form Corsair.

If they tie this in with icue, I wont be recommending.
The latest version is required to connect to Corsair on boot before it functions.
Bad form Corsair.
When I was researching this I saw icue in their product lists. Wasn't too familiar with it but clicked on it just to check out. Bummer it's being implemented poorly. Figured someone couldn't really mess up rgb control software. Figured wrong.

I've been running iCue for a while now - nothing but a mouse/keyboard anymore, but haven't had any major issues with it, and I've not seen any major changes for a long while now.

Granted, I suppose if your doing RGB on RAM or something it may operate differently and I just don't have all the right components to see that it's a bucket of crap.

I don't really swear by it - it's manageble but not exactly the best thing ever. It is better than the Razor and Logitech software, at least as of the last time I used that a few years ago.

I've been running iCue for a while now - nothing but a mouse/keyboard anymore, but haven't had any major issues with it, and I've not seen any major changes for a long while now.

Granted, I suppose if your doing RGB on RAM or something it may operate differently and I just don't have all the right components to see that it's a bucket of crap.

I don't really swear by it - it's manageble but not exactly the best thing ever. It is better than the Razor and Logitech software, at least as of the last time I used that a few years ago.
On software level your experience actually makes sense. Most people have reported positively about their experiences with a range of hardware from Corsair and that speaks well of some kind of q/a for the company. Software that will run across many different products can be tricky and even a totally different team than all the rest. A lot of things to go wrong. Hardware is often re branded or bought from something pre-existing while the software starts from scratch. Hopefully support is listening and paying attention.

Become a Patron!
Back