Corsair Prices 45-Inch XENEON FLEX Bendable OLED Gaming Monitor at $1,999.99, Pre-Orders Begin December 15

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has revealed that the XENEON FLEX (45WQHD240), its new 45-inch OLED bendable gaming monitor created in close partnership with LG Display, will cost $1,999, with pre-orders beginning December 15, according to a new teaser video from the company that advertises the product as being a world's first.

See full article...

This product appears to be a solution looking for a problem.

And is this how tech marketing is going to go in the future? Take pre-orders to gauge interest, then either fill them or cancel the product if not enough interest?

That's an interesting idea. Straight for document work. Bent for gaming.

I think it's neat that OLED can flex. That said - these products using them are more like solutions looking for a problem.

Flex OLED would be neat on a T-Shirt (well, I wouldn't wear one, but that's a better use I think). But... how often to you need to change the curvature of your monitor? And the foldable phones are horrible imo

When they first came out, it was roll-down TVs - like a projector screen. That was neat - expensive, but neat. Even as frivolous as that is, I think it's a better use case than adding a variable curvature to a static monitor.

That said, it is pricey, but not obscenely priced for the specs.

Also:

The OLED Flex is currently listed on LG’s store for $2,499.99 (discounted from its $2,999 MSRP), making it pricier than Corsair’s option.

LG Flex is full 16:9 4K, this is 21:9 1440 -- so not the same panel or style. Not saying LG isn't overpriced, just that it isn't apples to apples.

Flex OLED would be neat on a T-Shirt (well, I wouldn't wear one, but that's a better use I think). But... how often to you need to change the curvature of your monitor? And the foldable phones are horrible imo
I agree with your point here. I wouldn't use the bendable feature at all, and over time I would doubt the integrity of the panel if I did.

I used to have a Samsung C27HG70 with an 1800R curvature that apparently follows the same curve as human vision. After about 8 months or so I sold it. I couldn't stand living with a curved display (although that wasn't the only reason why I got rid of it). It was great for first-person games (very immersive, it felt kinda like I was being sucked into the screen), but it sucked for basically everything else. Not to mention it uses a VA panel, and I am more of an IPS guy when it comes to LCDs (although there was no debating the superior contrast ratio of a VA panel, and the much deeper blacks, although "black crush" is a problem, getting rid of detail in dark areas). The curved screen did NOT help the sh1ttier viewing angles of a VA panel either. I've used other curved screens at friend's houses, including some of those super-widescreen ones, but I never cared for any of them.

Now this monitor here seems interesting, cuz you can change it from flat to curved. I would probably use it flat most of the time, and then make it curved for playing FPS games or whatever. Like Niner51 said though, "over time I would doubt the integrity of the panel." For this much money though, I would much rather get a huge LG OLED HDTV. In the end I have no need for a monitor that can switch between flat and curved. Just give me a flat monitor and I'll be fine 100% of the time.

Become a Patron!
Back