Crytek Pulls April Fool’s Joke Teasing Fans Looking for a Crysis Remaster on Its Official Website

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Crysis-Nomad-April-Fools-2020-1-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: Crytek

Fans of Crytek’s Crysis franchise have been hoping for a new release for some time now. The last outing was Crysis 3 in 2013. Since then Crytek has undergone many changes and seemingly moved on from their hit franchise. Each iteration showcased their game engine, CRYENGINE. In doing so they pushed the limits of technology through multiple generations. Back in August their tech trailer for CRYENGINE 5.6, served to fuel rumors. Publisher, Electronic Arts, is working on remasters for 2020 and 2021 releases. Featuring a snippet of what appeared to be a beach environment from the first Crysis many were sure a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that's cold blooded!! I would buy that day 1 if they ever came out with it. Wanting to play Crysis and see those graphics was the main reason I got into PC gaming back in 2008 and I've got a lot of great memories learning how to and experimenting with overclocking while using the Crysis benchmark desperately trying to get over 40 fps average lol.

Yeah, that's mean. I'd buy this in a second if it were real.

Not the best way to treat your fan base, but at this point they probably don't think it matters.

They also probably don't have the cash to actually complete such a project.

They also probably don't have the cash to actually complete such a project.
They have a number of jobs open and it definitely looks like a triple A title is in the works by the project listings:
https://www.crytek.com/career

For a remake I would think someone like EA would foot the bill. Time will tell.

I too would buy Day one if not pre-order which I rarely do.

For all the jokes about "But, can it run Crysis?" I've actually only used the game as a benchmark, never played past the first level. Was it actually good? Same thing with Farcry, I know I played that more but never beat it. Mostly played around with HDR and trying each of the 7 or so options and underwater graphics. And I have a boxed copy of it lol.

Become a Patron!
Back