Cyberpunk 2077 Has Been Verified for Steam Deck Compatibility

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077 players can now enjoy the seediness and neon lights of Night City while on the go. According to a new post that CD PROJEKT RED shared on the official Cyberpunk 2077 site today, Cyberpunk 2077 has been verified for Steam Deck compatibility, with the open-world RPG now blessed with a green checkmark that implies it's been fully tested to run and play well on Valve's handheld gaming PC. That said, CD PROJEKT RED has yet to confirm when Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, which was initially teased in January 2023, will be released. Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode promises to make Cyberpunk 2077 look better than ever, with vastly improved lighting enabled via NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination and other technologies.

See full article...

That Steam Deck Verified sh1t is a bunch of crap anyways. The best way to tell how well a game works on Steam Deck is to use ProtonDB. My brother and friends who own Steam Decks have told me that just because a game is verified for Steam Deck doesn't mean it actually works well (or at all) on the Steam Deck, and then there are games that aren't verified that work just fine. If you really wanna know what's up with a game on Steam Deck (or Linux in general), use the ProtonDB website.

That Steam Deck Verified sh1t is a bunch of crap anyways. The best way to tell how well a game works on Steam Deck is to use ProtonDB. My brother and friends who own Steam Decks have told me that just because a game is verified for Steam Deck doesn't mean it actually works well (or at all) on the Steam Deck, and then there are games that aren't verified that work just fine. If you really wanna know what's up with a game on Steam Deck (or Linux in general), use the ProtonDB website.
Mostly.

There is the "will it run" factor - which ProtonDB is great for. But there are a couple of other items that Steam Deck Verified checks for -

Good controller support is a big thing. If you need to drop to a KB/Mouse - you can do so in a pinch, but it's awkward and the Verified thing will tell you if it's the entire game that way or just like a login or chat boxes or something. But I think to get the green check - you have to have full controller support, remappable, and not require a KB/Mouse for anything, otherwise you are going to get a Yellow mark.

The other would be if the UI scales down appropriately to the size of the screen. Not all games do, particularly text-heavy ones. I've got a few games this gets flagged on, if the text gets so small it's almost (or is actually) illegible.

Become a Patron!
Back