Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.61 Released with Support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1, Numerous Game Fixes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED has begun rolling out Patch 1.61 for Cyberpunk 2077, a new update that not only fixes a number of outstanding issues in the sci-fi RPG but adds some welcome and anticipated features.

See full article...

HUGE list of bug fixes. I doubt CDPR are getting many/any new sales... so at some point draw a line in the sand and call it good enough, and start on the sequel?

HUGE list of bug fixes. I doubt CDPR are getting many/any new sales... so at some point draw a line in the sand and call it good enough, and start on the sequel?
I imagine just a few more. One for the Phantom Liberty DLC in 2023 and then any that are needed to support that. So glad I finally was able to get into this game. It's been a fun ride and much like Witcher 3 the side stories really do add a level of immersion to it.

I imagine just a few more. One for the Phantom Liberty DLC in 2023 and then any that are needed to support that. So glad I finally was able to get into this game. It's been a fun ride and much like Witcher 3 the side stories really do add a level of immersion to it.
You're playing CP currently? Most important thing I figured out in the game.... screw the cars. Ride your dead choom's motorcycle the entire game. It is so much easier to get around traffic on the bike. I found the car driving in the game to be.... tedious. Also you can store a ton of gear in the bike in between selling stuff off. I don't know if they have improved the car driving in patches but it made me nuts. Also the AI NPC drivers are all asshats.

re: the Liberty expansion... sadly I bought the game on Stadia and it's gonna be gone before that DLC comes out. Sad times.

The DLC won't be free so, what does it matter? You get refunded for the stadia purchase anyway, that will likely cover the game's price + dlc down the line.

You're playing CP currently? Most important thing I figured out in the game.... screw the cars. Ride your dead choom's motorcycle the entire game. It is so much easier to get around traffic on the bike. I found the car driving in the game to be.... tedious. Also you can store a ton of gear in the bike in between selling stuff off. I don't know if they have improved the car driving in patches but it made me nuts. Also the AI NPC drivers are all asshats.

re: the Liberty expansion... sadly I bought the game on Stadia and it's gonna be gone before that DLC comes out. Sad times.
I love using that bike but also Scorpion's for the badlands. I can't stand driving the cars and will usually switch to 3rd person view for them when I have to.

Bummer for Stadia. I read about that a few weeks back.

The DLC won't be free so, what does it matter? You get refunded for the stadia purchase anyway, that will likely cover the game's price + dlc down the line.

Funny thing is I just got an email today about Stadia refund. It didn't mention CP specifically though, and don't know if it will be pro-rated or what.

But I mean.... plenty of other companies have gone out of business and not offered refunds. So I'm kind of shocked Google is doing that. I mean I did buy it 2 years ago, not last month. I never expected a refund. Also I did get a free chromecast ultra and a controller with purchase of the game. Those can still be used (controller only in wired mode sadly... it's not a bad controller, hopefully someone hacks the wireless stack)...

We'll see. I played the game to completion so I feel like I got my $ out of it, plus the free hardware. OTOH, Google has a bazillion dollars so if they offer refunds, I'll take it.

I love using that bike but also Scorpion's for the badlands. I can't stand driving the cars and will usually switch to 3rd person view for them when I have to.

There was a bug I don't remember if they fixed or not. Near the end of the game when you go to the Arasaka tower... if you don't stash all your gear in your vehicle before you go talk to whats her name, you LOSE it all (or was it just your weapons?) including the awesome sniper rifle you pick up near the end from Panam. Going into that Adam Smasher fight without my gear was unacceptable. You might want to make sure they have fixed this. Again it's at the "point of no return"

There was a bug I don't remember if they fixed or not. Near the end of the game when you go to the Arasaka tower... if you don't stash all your gear in your vehicle before you go talk to whats her name, you LOSE it all (or was it just your weapons?) including the awesome sniper rifle you pick up near the end from Panam. Going into that Adam Smasher fight without my gear was unacceptable. You might want to make sure they have fixed this. Again it's at the "point of no return"
Good to know. I'm trying to pace it and grind all the side stuff but I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to the end. There's a chance I might stop beforehand just in case it prevents me from accessing the DLC if I'm too close to the end. I've been making some strategic save points just in case though. I just don't see myself doing a replay of this any time soon with so many other games I need to get to next.

I haven't been playing CP2077 since early 2021, so my experience is from then, and to me the driving was fine then, not great, but I had no difficulty with it. I hope the "fix" didn't make it worse.

Become a Patron!
Back