Dell Announces 32-Inch UltraSharp 6K Monitor with IPS Black, DisplayPort 2.1, and Built-In HDR 4K Webcam

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Dell has announced the U3224KB, a 31.5-inch monitor that counts a 6K (6,144 x 3,456 px) resolution panel, built-in dual gain HDR 4K webcam, Thunderbolt 4, DisplayPort 2.1, and IPS Black as its chief highlights.

See full article...

$5000 - $6000 ?? That's right in the middle of Nopeville.
I don't think they listed the price for the Dell - those prices are for the Apple Pro XDR monitor that has similar specifications.

That said, when 5K was the thing - There was the Apple 5K monitor for like $3-$4k (depending on if you got the stand or not), and essentially the same thing in the LG 5K for about $1500. So, if that holds true, you can expect this Dell to be somewhere in the $2500-3K range, which.. is palatable for their target audience.

Not a fan of that webcam. Sheesh.
I got us some Dell workstations a couple of years ago at my other job including a decent 1080p IPS monitor with a webcam so I'm on their mailing list and a few weeks back I got some ads about a new 4K with the same style. Pretty sure they're using it on all of the current lines now after seeing this.

I got us some Dell workstations a couple of years ago at my other job including a decent 1080p IPS monitor with a webcam so I'm on their mailing list and a few weeks back I got some ads about a new 4K with the same style. Pretty sure they're using it on all of the current lines now after seeing this.
I’ve never been a big fan of webcams in the first place, but if they are going to become more common now that so many are still working remotely they could at least incorporate it better.

I’ve never been a big fan of webcams in the first place, but if they are going to become more common now that so many are still working remotely they could at least incorporate it better.
I don't have any at home but even at the office, it's now a part of our daily work routine. Here's the one I picked our for them and we've been mostly happy. Even has a privacy slider to cover the camera.
dell_p2418hzm_23_8_16_9_ips_1524065179_1374826.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back