Dell UltraSharp 6K 32-Inch Monitor Undercuts Cost of Apple Pro Display XDR By Nearly $2K While Also Offering More Options

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Dell UltraSharp 6K 32-inch U3224KB monitor has launched with a price tag of $3,199 and comes with many options not included with Apple's latest flagship display. At $4,999 for the standard glass model, the Pro Display XDR is $1,800 more than the U3224KB and while the panel in the UltraSharp 6K monitor may not equal that of Apple's it does offer many more options to hopefully entice potential buyers. Other optional additional costs for the Pro Display XDR include another $1K for the nano-texture glass model, and another $1K for the Pro Stand or $199 for its VESA mount adapter.

Per The Verge:

"But Dell has thrown a kitchen sink’s-worth of features at the U3224KB in an attempt to make it more of a one-stop-shop productivity accessory. There’s a built-in 4K HDR webcam, dual 14W speakers, echo cancellation mics, a bevy of USB-C and USB-A ports, and a Thunderbolt 4 connector that can offer up to 140W of power to a connected laptop. There’s also the ability to connect two computers and control them both with a single mouse and keyboard thanks to a built-in KVM, and content from both machines can be displayed simultaneously."

See full article...

Once you get into actual productivity these monitor prices SKYROCKET.

Now if I can just convince work I need one and a laptop/workstation that can drive it.

I admit that my C2 has become an ideal display for when I'm doing my posts. I would've thought 42" to be too big but it's actually quite ideal for split windows.
Yeah I love my 43" 4k but it ruins me for smaller screens.... and using the laptop at work I feel like Mr Magoo I have to get so close to the screen to see it I could lick it. I have a 32" 4k for my work rig right next to it, and it seems tiny in comparison

Last edited:
Now that I've gotten accustomed to 42" I like it but I still think a 38" 4K could be ideal for the average, or smaller-sized, desktop.

Become a Patron!
Back