DRAM Prices Could Be Going Up Again Due to Increasing Demand

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
System builders have been enjoying some great deals on memory (especially over the last few weeks), but that could be coming to an end. According to TrendForce's latest data, inventory has returned to healthy levels, which can only mean one thing: rising prices. Samsung, SK Hynix, and Micron are all expected to increase their output in 4Q19 due to greater demand from the server and smartphone markets.

Regarding the performance of 3Q19 revenues, Samsung increased its sales bits by 30% and quarterly revenue by 5% QoQ to $7.12 billion because Chinese smartphone vendors aggressively pulled their quarterly shipment forward and because demand in the server market has gradually recovered. Likewise, SK Hynix grew its sales bits by 20% and quarterly revenue by 3.5% to $4.41 billion. On the other hand, because of Micron’s relatively weaker base period in 2Q19, it increased its sales bits by almost 30%, and its revenue reached $3.07 billion.

So, buy during fall sales or be crying in 6 months again?

Figures.

I'm just about to build a new system for the first time since 2011, and need to invest in DDR4.

I had been eyeballing this 3600Mhz CL16 4x16GB kit,which was priced very competitively, but now it's out of stock, and who knows if it is coming back.

Should have bought it when I found it.

Become a Patron!
Back