EA Announces Need for Speed Unbound, a Next-Generation Street Racing Fantasy Releasing This December

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EA has announced Need for Speed Unbound, the 25th installment of the popular racing franchise developed by Criterion Games.

Go to post

The last NFS game I played was the 2005 Most Wanted. Haven't kept up with the series or its various developers since.

Let's see if it isn't open world with police chases... I'm already out.

Now with loot boxes...:cautious:

Naa, it'll just be P2W. They'll have "Speed Coin" that you purchase with real money so you can buy in-game vehicles and mods that are needed to beat the game.

I've tried numerous times to get back into this franchise over the last decade and have never quite been able to. I have great memories of playing various releases on the first and second PlayStation back in the day but after that, it's been hit or miss and mostly miss. I took a peek at this yesterday and thought it just looked horrible but as I'm much older now I have no idea if younger folk will feel differently about it and make it a hit.

Last NFS I got any enjoyment out of was The Run. I also liked Shift2, but it was only NFS in name, not spirit. Otherwise the series ended for me with the 6th game. Any other game I tried and I tried a lot of them was either terrible or barely mediocre.

Last NFS I got any enjoyment out of was The Run. I also liked Shift2, but it was only NFS in name, not spirit.

Yep, The Run was one I liked as well. I think I got about halfway to three-quarters through it before I got bored with it. I can't remember if I tried Shift but I do remember trying the Hot Pursuit remake which wasn't horrible but I got bored with it pretty quickly. Those were the last ones I played though.

I think I'm just bored with racing games in general now. I loved Test Drive back in the Pentium days and got into NFS and GT on PlayStation(s) but after that nothing has really grabbed me. I got Dirt a few years back and that was fun for a bit. Lol, I did find some enjoyment in watching a Truck driving sim video about a month or two ago.

I wonder why SW Squadrons doesn't use Origin on Steam.
Here's why. You still have to have an EA account to at least get it but after that, I think that maybe you can launch without Origin. It's a shame. I got this for free through Amazon a while back and still haven't gotten around to playing it.

"INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; STEAM ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com) REQUIRED TO PLAY. YOU MUST LINK YOUR EA AND STEAM ACCOUNTS TO PLAY; EA WILL SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT ID AND INDIVIDUAL GAME AND PLAY RECORDS WITH STEAM TO VALIDATE YOUR PURCHASE AND/OR REFUND REQUEST. ACCESS TO SOFTWARE CONTENT IS LIMITED TO ONE EA & ONE STEAM ACCOUNT & IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AFTER PURCHASE"

Become a Patron!
Back