Elon Musk Kinged “Sole Director” of Twitter, Plans to Charge Users $20 per Month for Blue Checkmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Having completed his takeover of Twitter last week, Elon Musk hasn't wasted much time in implementing big changes within the social media company, with one of the first relating to its executive committee.

See full article...

Honestly, I don't think I mind. That seems like a win-win

Billionaire wastes a lot of money, and a mostly-useless social media company goes away
Since he bought it the investors made out so no big deal and he can afford a capital loss.

Since he bought it the investors made out so no big deal and he can afford a capital loss.
Well I didn't claim he was going to go broke - just that he wasted a lot of cash.

That will be the change, a charge for a blue mark. There won't be free speech, through happy to be wrong.

That will be the change, a charge for a blue mark. There won't be free speech, through happy to be wrong.
You won’t be banned so long as you can pay?

Sounds like a great idea.

For-profit Hellscape here we come.

You won’t be banned so long as you can pay?

Sounds like a great idea.

For-profit Hellscape here we come.
I mean... fine based bigotry.... I could see the merit. Broadcast to the world once we've verified your account that you are a ****monger bigot. How is this NOT a bad thing? Verified racists to avoid. I mean... I'd celebrate them self identifying.

Of COURSE that isn't the purpose at all.... nope... it's just to make sure verified users are not shut down because of free speech.

Become a Patron!
Back