Email sending from the forums should be good to go

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
The forum's IP address is currently banned with Microsoft thanks to the prior user of it doing salacious things. I have a support case open with them to get the banhammer lifted. In the interim, anyone not getting registration emails, send me an email at david @ the fpsreview.com and I'll verify you manually.

Update: should be good to go now.

Last edited:
I would check your mx blacklist for the forum to see whats banned and whats not. I hate dealing with that with website ips. PITA

I would check your mx blacklist for the forum to see whats banned and whats not. I hate dealing with that with website ips. PITA

We are not showing as blacklisted on any of the public searchable blacklists, so that's good. I also setup DKIM and DMARC this morning, so that should help significantly when going up against the spam sorting hats.

Email has been moved to a third party mailer which should resolve all the problems we have had!

Thread/quote email notifications would be a nice touch! Perhaps I'm missing it in the forum settings

Thread/quote email notifications would be a nice touch! Perhaps I'm missing it in the forum settings

I can't seem to find it on mobile, but on the desktop side you can set default preferences that include emailing you for new notifications by default. The new user default is set to nope, but you can enable it at the blanket level for yourself. If you are clicking watch a thread, you should be able to hit the check box for email notifications as a one off. Once you enable the setting you may have to go back, unwatch, then rewatch the threads you want the emails on.

I can't seem to find it on mobile, but on the desktop side you can set default preferences that include emailing you for new notifications by default. The new user default is set to nope, but you can enable it at the blanket level for yourself. If you are clicking watch a thread, you should be able to hit the check box for email notifications as a one off. Once you enable the setting you may have to go back, unwatch, then rewatch the threads you want the emails on.

Ahh. Yeah, I wasn't able to find the preferences, still can't. But what I was looking for was indeed in there!

Become a Patron!
Back