EVGA BR, Corsair CV reviews?

kschendel

n00b
It's good to read some of the recent activity in PSU reviewing. But if I may be allowed to whinge a bit, how about reviews of some of the "value" line PSU's that for whatever reason have received no love from reviewers? Such as the EVGA BR, which has been out for a couple years now with no good review that I know of. Or the more recent Corsair CV line. Or the Seasonic S12III. I'm sure there are others. What does it take to get these sorts of PSU's reviewed? If the manufacturers won't provide review units, I suspect that there might be those among your readers who might contribute to acquiring a review unit at retail; is that considered kosher?

I'm not opposed to having a unit sent to us for review, but do keep in mind that they can get exploded, and they do get disassembled for pictures which does a good job of voiding the warranty. They often work just fine after that though

The PSU landscape is a bit challenging right now - as you can tell from online shopping, it's hard to find much of anything in stock consistently due to the whole virus supply chain shock (and super high out of season demand). We've been working our contacts on the PSU side without as much luck as we'd like. We do have an EVGA G5 unit that Paul has in the review process and that will publish at some point (probably early August).

What we are starting to do is purchase units from retail to review - the recent Cougar 700w is an example of that. We have a unit on the way from ASUS right now as well, but I'll probably go back to shopping online to find a few more, and they'll probably be in the value range that you mention just to keep costs down. I've also got a few more PSU makers that I met at CES that are on my list to contact.

It's good to read some of the recent activity in PSU reviewing. But if I may be allowed to whinge a bit, how about reviews of some of the "value" line PSU's that for whatever reason have received no love from reviewers? Such as the EVGA BR, which has been out for a couple years now with no good review that I know of. Or the more recent Corsair CV line. Or the Seasonic S12III. I'm sure there are others. What does it take to get these sorts of PSU's reviewed? If the manufacturers won't provide review units, I suspect that there might be those among your readers who might contribute to acquiring a review unit at retail; is that considered kosher?

We now have some stuff like this in the pipeline!

Become a Patron!
Back