EVGA GeForce RTX 4090 FTW3 Prototype Revealed, Would Have Been “One of the Most Awesome” Custom Models Ever

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
JayzTwoCents has shared a look at a GeForce RTX 4090 FTW3 prototype from EVGA, teasing what the company might have announced last month if it didn't grow tired of doing business with NVIDIA.

See full article...

My guess would be margins in gpus in general. The abrupt announcement suggested to me one of those, 'margins are crap, and on top of this -fill in the blank with problems- situation. Maybe they could cut a slightly nicer deal for themselves with AMD, who knows.

AMD needs more chips if they want another AIB, the cards are hard enough to find as is.

Also Steve/GN has one of those cards.

Such a nice and clean-looking card and that cooler was top-notch. I have zero doubt that if it'd had the right bios and he could've unlocked the power limit the core clock would've OC'd impressively.

I only started using EVGA cards again towards the end of Ampere and was extremely impressed with the FTW3 3090 they made. By that time I'd had a Strix 3090 OC, which I eventually sold, a Suprim 3090 that I still have, and the FTW3 easily compared to both and even bested the Strix. I was really happy when EVGA let me step up to the 3090 Ti and jumped on the Hybrid 3090 Ti when it dropped to $1500. I honestly can't say enough good things about their Ampere designs and performance so seeing this only shows what a great 4090 would've come from them.

It really does look like a nice card, and honestly I liked having the connector at the end of the card like my 3090 TI. I am very happy overall with my Gigabyte 4090 which I was fortunate enough to get at launch, though EVGA if available would have been towards the top of my list.

It's funny that the EVGA prototype 4090 is not only smaller, has the power connector where it should be, clocks and cools better than the competitors.

Really bummed they're no longer making cards.

Yeah, I had some of their cards in years past but they never stood out then (my last was a custom Bestbuy OC edition GT640 for my old quadcore rig). I'm not sure when but at some point they really started going over the top in terms of performance but I only really started to notice during Ampere.

Been depressed about it myself. I don't always buy GeForces, but when I do, they are always EVGA cards.

Yeah, I had some of their cards in years past but they never stood out then (my last was a custom Bestbuy OC edition GT640 for my old quadcore rig). I'm not sure when but at some point they really started going over the top in terms of performance but I only really started to notice during Ampere.
For me what always stood out about them more than anything else was their customer service, warranties, and RMA procedures. That's what made me one of their customers for life. I been a fan of them since the 90s but my first card of theirs was a GeForce 7900 GT. I miss the lifetime warranties. Well now I just miss EVGA period.

For me what always stood out about them more than anything else was their customer service, warranties, and RMA procedures
It did make them stand out - and if you look at it beyond the 'nVidia is screwing us' but other AIBs are still in the game -- that's also probably the reason they can't afford to make GPUs any more either. The choice was either cut back on everything that made them better, or drop the product, and they chose not to compromise on the first. I do respect that, but, now they have a huge shift in their market.

Become a Patron!
Back