Ewan McGregor Returning As Obi-Wan in New Disney+ “Star Wars” Streaming TV Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Even the biggest Star Wars prequel hater would admit that Ewan McGregor did a great job portraying legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. The actor is such a fan favorite that plenty of rumors and requests for a standalone film have cropped up over the years, but the next best thing has happened: Disney and Lucasfilm revealed that McGregor would be reprising his role in a Star Wars series for their upcoming streaming service, Disney+.

McGregor and Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy made the announcement during the currently ongoing D23 Expo: “It’s been four years of saying ‘well, I don’t know,’” in response to fan questions, McGregor told the crowd. “Now I can say ‘yes, we’re going to do it.’” Kennedy says the scripts have already been written, and filming will begin next year.

McGregor played the younger version of the Jedi master in the three “Star Wars” prequel movies starting with 1999’s “The Phantom Menace.” Disney also released the first footage from “The Mandalorian,” a live-action “Star Wars” series made for Disney+, about a group of people from the planet Mandalore. The most famous is the helmeted Boba Fett from George Lucas’ original “Star Wars” trilogy.

Disney + is starting to look pretty awesome all the way around. At least until the price hikes kick in. Either way I'll be signing up. A lot of stuff got revealed at D23 expo.

Yeah, Disney is really going into this streaming business hard. Hoping the series does the character justice and it's not another "Solo".

I was going to say that Netflix is making zero waves for me, but then I just watched the 'El Camino' Breaking Bad Netflix movie. Instant hype for that one.

Must not have seen the same prequels I did :cautious:

Then again, he was better than anything in 7 or 8. So, I guess there is that.

I am looking forward to the disney streaming service I just wish I could have it now. Yea I'm a junkie leave me alone.

Become a Patron!
Back