Far Cry 6 Is Free to Play Until Sunday

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Far Cry fans who haven't tried out the newest game yet can do so now at no cost.

Go to post

Not sure I would be able to make a significant dent in the game in 2 days. It's probably 100 hours long

I might try it. To see if it's worth even buying.

I really want to try this but not going to redo my Ubi account again. I've been burned by them too many times now with every time they up and decide they want to change something and lock it in more. I had various games on Steam that I bought there before they created their own online thing which required me to create a separate account and then again later they changed up things that locked me out again and I said screw it, I shouldn't have to work that hard to play games I paid for.

I really want to try this but not going to redo my Ubi account again. I've been burned by them too many times now with every time they up and decide they want to change something and lock it in more. I had various games on Steam that I bought there before they created their own online thing which required me to create a separate account and then again later they changed up things that locked me out again and I said screw it, I shouldn't have to work that hard to play games I paid for.
Same here. I am tired of their constant changes. Also I really liked the first and second games in the Far Cry series, and after that they were blah. I had 4 and 5 and never finished them.

Only way I'll ever play it is if I can do so without creating an account on, or signing in to Ubisoft Connect.

I have a Steam account and a GoG account, and that's all I want. If I can't buy or play a game without creating an account anywhere else, I'm just not going to.

I'm happy to pay for a Steam only version of the game, with no further launcher, but I am uncompromising in my mission to not use any other game launcher than Steam and GoG and not create or sign in to any account with any other service.

There has been a "community edition" of Far Cry 6 out for about 2 months now. I may just use that instead.

I gotcha beat, though. When I disconnected our USB SSDs, while doing our rigs housecleaning, reconnecting the drives required EA's Origin sick a$$ to do a FULL system scan that takes waaAAyy much longer than just redownloading the fking content. 😤

Been trying this for a bit, does not seem vastly different then nr 3 I tried some years ago, and I can't realy put my finger on why, but far cry games look pretty bad imo

Been trying this for a bit, does not seem vastly different then nr 3 I tried some years ago, and I can't realy put my finger on why, but far cry games look pretty bad imo

They tend to have pretty long render distances, which increases the GPU load, so they often have to back off on the polygon count and effects a bit to make it playable.

The same is usuaöly the case with most large open world games.

Downloading it now with the HD texture pack. Will share impressions once I get in it. 122.27GB of download. That's kind of chonkey.

Now granted, I've got a few games that big but still, jeezebus!, that's a bit much. Even in 2022 I still find those numbers a little to much but that is the state of things.

70ish GB for the game another 56ish for the high res texture pack.

I had a 65 GB for the game, did not go for the HD pack as it suposedly needs a 11GB or more VRAM which I don't have.

Game looks good and plays well. Still undecided. But at 1440p with everything maxed takes about 71% gpu to hit 144hz at 1440p.

Become a Patron!
Back