FidelityFX Super Resolution Deep Dive With AMD | The Full Nerd Special Edition

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
This is a really great podcast from PCWorld I just watched, a direct interview with AMD's Frank Azor (Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions and Marketing) and Nick Thibieroz (Director of Game Engineering) about FSR. If you really want to learn about FSR, what it does, and many questions asked and answered, I highly suggest watching this whole podcast, I did anyway. Learned a LOT of good stuff.

Seemed like honest no bull technical answers to me, no marketing mumbo jumbo.

They kind of conceded that DLSS has higher quality and that their main advantage is broad support and free performance boost even on nvidia cards.

From what I've seen (and looking forward for your take on it) the consensus is that IQ is not as good as DLSS at best quality but its much worse at high performance. Also it has a higher performance in performance mode compared to DLSS which seems logical, considering AMD has higher performance at lower resolutions.

No mention of linux or android support. I assume at least Exynos with RDNA2 will support it.

No mention of linux or android support. I assume at least Exynos with RDNA2 will support it.
Linux recently got DLSS support, one can hope this will catch up soon too, but we will see

Become a Patron!
Back