Former BioWare GM Says Developers Should Be More Transparent about Post-Release Content Schedules

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Former BioWare GM Aaryn Flynn thinks developers over-promise and under-deliver with their content release schedules.

Go to post

A lot of times when you see disappointed players, it’s often because a studio or team has set an expectation that they can’t hit. I get that… I can relate to that.”

“It’s about being honest about this stuff and just saying, ‘this is where we’re at… some of these things are hard and we’d rather spend a little longer giving you something great than something compromised earlier

Oh, now he has an epiphany moment after so many AAA franchises flopped from his management. Maybe this **new perception** (😏) has something to do with his hopes that his past failures won't disrupt the future sales for his new title Nightingale.

I mean... a Flynn and Tencent collaboration, what possibly could go wrong?!

Unpopular opinion: There should be no post release content schedule. The game should stand on it's own, and not rely on post release content to fix it or fill the holes. Sure you can make expansions to a game, but it must be an organic thing that you do because your game is successful and not an escape plan for a sucky game.

Become a Patron!
Back