FSP Dagger 600W SFX Power Supply Review

I have never heard of this brand of power supplies before, or I just never noticed. Seems like a fair unit

I have never heard of this brand of power supplies before, or I just never noticed. Seems like a fair unit

Yar, me neither. I eagerly clicked on that review link thinking FPSreview was going to make the thing catch fire. The backstory at the beginning of the review quelled that anticipation.

I have a huge manufacturer bias when it comes to PSU's.... most likely unwarranted, but I wouldn't trust anything outside of the 2-3 brands that are on my short mental list. 🤷

Well, over the years this would be the 12th FSP branded FSP built unit I have reviewed. If you take the FSP built but branded by other people units it probably triples that number.

Been a while since ive seen an FSP unit reviewed. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the review. Interesting blend of not quite gold plus standard but easily passes the torture test. I agree that if they drop the price, get some marketing or more exposure, then they'll hit a sweet spot for people in that 600w market.

Paul, any chance of you might publish a list of similar type OEM PSU manufacturers? Over the years I read some other reviews from you and I think a lot of us are always surprised to hear about them especially when some have been around over 20 years.

Paul, any chance of you might publish a list of similar type OEM PSU manufacturers? Over the years I read some other reviews from you and I think a lot of us are always surprised to hear about them especially when some have been around over 20 years.

There are actually quite a few SMPS OEMs. When I say one of the few in articles I am being sort of specific to enthusiast PSUs not SMPS in general. Then there is the issue of people who are ODMs but don't actually build things (good example was Impervio who used to design stuff for OCZ and SilverStone but the power supplies were built by IS Quasar) or are limited production in consumer stuff like Win-Tact. It would be a fairly long list and a number of companies no longer exist but you can sometimes still see stuff pop up (like Topower).

Thanks for the review, interesting to see FSP under its own name.

Any hope of an EVGA BR review? That's one that for some odd reason doesn't seem to have any serious reviews, and it's at a desirable price point for budget low-draw builds.

Become a Patron!
Back