Full-Sized Commodore 64 Retro Console with Working Keyboard Shipping Out Soon

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The miniature C64 that was launched last fall is cool and all, but why settle with a shrunken-down, dishonest replica? Retro Games Limited has announced that its full-sized Commodore 64 (the "THEC64") will be shipping out to European gamers soon, with US availability to be determined later. This model features a working keyboard, three switchable modes (C64, VIC 20, and Games Carousel with 64 pre-installed games), an updated joystick, and 720p output at 60 Hz or 50 Hz.

Other features and enhancements on the full-size THEC64 (as the unit is called) include audio scaling, to keep the sound playing as close to possible as it originally did when THEC64’s program are running at a different refresh rate than expected. The full-size C64 will also display all of the PC’s video output in a full-height 720p image on whatever monitor the player is using.

No! I want an Amiga mini... not more C64 stuff. I was a C= fanboy but I've done all that.

I'd really be interested in this. The C64 was such a huge part of my childhood back in the early 80's and the older I get the more I appreciate nostalgia.

I think I want one. Just wish they would make a C body version as well.

Become a Patron!
Back