G.SKILL Announces MD2 Mid-Tower PC Case

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
G.SKILL is best known for its memory products, but the company has sent out a reminder that it makes cases, too.

Go to post

Other than an aesthetic that matches their RAM, it looks like any other similar offering on the market. That's my first impression of it anyway.

Other than an aesthetic that matches their RAM, it looks like any other similar offering on the market. That's my first impression of it anyway.
Same thoughts here. I swear every midtower has the same "design" inside. This looks just like the H7 flow I got except that GSkill changed the front of the case to make it their own, which also doesn't look very good for air flow.

Same thoughts here. I swear every midtower has the same "design" inside. This looks just like the H7 flow I got except that GSkill changed the front of the case to make it their own, which also doesn't look very good for air flow.
To be fair, I've seen this at every point in time since I got into computers in the mid-1990's. Back then, the bezel changed but most mid-towers were all the same inside. In the early 2000's the Chieftech Dragon, Antec (whatever it was called) etc. all shared the same internal design and even the same bezel. Only the logo changed. Now, everything follows the same basic design as this G.Skill case does.

To be fair, I've seen this at every point in time since I got into computers in the mid-1990's. Back then, the bezel changed but most mid-towers were all the same inside. In the early 2000's the Chieftech Dragon, Antec (whatever it was called) etc. all shared the same internal design and even the same bezel. Only the logo changed. Now, everything follows the same basic design as this G.Skill case does.
Yes that's about the same time I got into PC's and there were fairly cookie cutter cases back then as well.

Yes that's about the same time I got into PC's and there were fairly cookie cutter cases back then as well.
Well back then it was sheet metal box - 5 1/4” bays, maybe a 3 1/2” bay — color beige.

At least until the iMac kinda shook things up

Become a Patron!
Back