Gabe Newell Hints at Steam Games Coming to Consoles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
steam-logo-destiny-1024x576.jpg
Image: Steam

Valve may be planning to bring more of its Steam titles over to the console world. During a recent session at Sancta Maria College in Auckland, New Zealand, Gabe Newell was asked whether Steam would be porting any games to console or remaining firmly committed to PC, to which he replied: “You will get a better idea of that by the end of this year, and it won’t be the answer you expect. You’ll say, ‘Ah-ha! Now I get what he was talking about.'” One theory is that Valve might be developing a PlayStation VR version of its new Half-Life title, Half-Life: Alyx, while others believe that Valve could be planning a successor to its SteamOS-based Steam Machine. Valve previously released The Orange Box, Portal 2, both Left 4 Dead games, and Counter-Strike: GO for consoles.

At the beginning of this year Newell said in an interview that Valve currently has multiple games...

Continue reading...

Was Alyx any good?

I remember doing l4d (and the orange box) on 360 I think, so it's not like they haven't done consoles before. But Valve is not exactly known for cranking out tons of games either

I would say its either gamestreaming or VR.

I completely forgot that I got my Steam copy of Portal 2 by buying the PS3 version. Since the PS3 version also used Steam, when you associated the game with your Steam account, you automatically got the PC version. I had no intention of playing the PS3 version, I just thought it was neat that I could get two copies of a game for the price of one.

I remember doing l4d (and the orange box) on 360 I think, so it's not like they haven't done consoles before. But Valve is not exactly known for cranking out tons of games either
They also released a version of HL2 on original Xbox. You don't wanna play that one.

Become a Patron!
Back