Game of Thrones Creators Abandon New Post-Skywalker Star Wars Trilogy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss won't be visiting a galaxy far, far, away. The creators of HBO's hit show, Game of Thrones, have decided to exit Lucasfilm's new Star Wars trilogy, which was rumored to take place during the Old Republic era. Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has a trilogy in the works as well, but the fate of that remains unclear.

“We love Star Wars,” the pair said in a statement to Deadline. “When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything.”

Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has a trilogy in the works as well, but the fate of that remains unclear.

Considering the less than positive remarks across the internet regarding TLJ I'm betting that most are hoping that just doesn't happen.

Star Wars’ 3rd trilogy looks like a massive flop in the making. Episode 8 was such dogshit I’ve lost all interest in future offerings.

Reactions: _k_
I enjoyed the force awakens for what it was. A safe-choice reboot that paid homage to the originals and introduced a new set of characters as would be expected. It was entertaining, and since I went in with 0 expectations, I was happy with it. (han Solos dying was Fords doing, so I can't fault them for that)

TLJ had moments, but I just can't even watch it a second time. As a popcorn flick, maybe. If they wanted to Obi-Wan Luke, fine, but they spent a whole movie destroying the character that the sacrifice was almost meaningless. I'll wait to pass judgment on the Leia flop when I see what they salvaged for the next movie.

I do enjoy all the spinoffs though. Even solo. They just picked terrible timing to release that one.

Become a Patron!
Back