GameStop Employees Are Quitting and Telling Gamers to Shop Elsewhere

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A seemingly increasing number of GameStop employees are fed up with their working environment and quitting their jobs for being understaffed and overworked.

Go to post

I knew a lot of people that worked for Gamestop back at the height of their popularity. It wasn't a great place to work by all accounts even then. However, I know what its like to work for a company in decline and I can't imagine conditions have improved over the last few years.

Sounds like that district manager needs to be fired post haste. They probably just can't find someone willing to do that job for the **** pay they offer.

Ballsy move. But yeah I cannot remember the last time I was in a Gamestop (and it might have been to buy ancient retro Sega crap). Or even a mall, really.

Probably helps that I never go to malls (indoor or strip)
That's where they are, and I think the closest small town has one in a strip mall.

I step in on occasion when I think I can get out without being molested by 'staff'.

It's really hard to understand where their operating revenue would come from. There's also plenty of r/antiwork potential there too!

It's really hard to understand where their operating revenue would come from.

I think a large portion of it is grandparents shopping for gifts, who don't feel comfortable (or think it is cheesy) to buy Steam/Xbox/Roblox/Fortnite/Whatever gift certificates.

A good amount of their revenue used to come from kids trading in their old stuff for pennies on the dollar and then buying stuff while they were there, but with more and more modern consoles going media free, I'm guessing that is not as big of a part of their business model anymore.

While I'm sure management sucks, it always does at these stores, I'm also sure that the employees are lazy, entitled children who think they deserve $25 an hour to stand around eating edibles and jerking each other off.

I knew a lot of people that worked for Gamestop back at the height of their popularity. It wasn't a great place to work by all accounts even then.
I worked for EBGames under GameStop ownership during the mid 2000s (so I was there for Xbox 360's launch, PS3's launch, and Wii's launch). EB really went to the sh1tter after GameStop bought them.

Probably helps that I never go to malls (indoor or strip)
Do malls still exist? I mean yeah I see strip malls around (my local Micro Center is in a strip mall), but indoor malls?

I worked for EBGames under GameStop ownership during the mid 2000s (so I was there for Xbox 360's launch, PS3's launch, and Wii's launch). EB really went to the sh1tter after GameStop bought them.

Do malls still exist? I mean yeah I see strip malls around (my local Micro Center is in a strip mall), but indoor malls?
There are a few hold outs. Town East Mall in Mesquite Texas is actually thriving oddly enough. It's always busy.

Malls are still big business in the north east.

I can honestly say the last time I was in a GameStop was to buy WoW Burning Crusade expansion.

I always like Electronics Boutique and Babbages more than GameStop.

Around here a handful still do.

The average malls are all gone, but the top tier premium ones still seem to be doing well around here.

You know, the very large ones, or the ones that target themselves at some sort of luxury shopping experience.

I still hate them just as much, but I'm not your average person.

The small, or budget style malls are mostly history. They've already been torn down and the lots redeveloped in most places around here.

Become a Patron!
Back