Gaming Servers Anyone?

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've got a bit of spare server capacity in the underground bunker (along with a gigabit internet connection). Are there any games folks are playing that would benefit from having a FPS community server to join in?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Baldurs Gate
IceWind Dale
UT Original
Quake 2

I feel old....

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
There may be some value in this. Unfortunately, many if not most of the newer games us P2P crap for networking.

DooKey

n00b
There may be some value in this. Unfortunately, many if not most of the newer games us P2P crap for networking.

Unfortunately, this is sooooooo true. I wish we could get player managed servers back.

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
I had no idea new games were p2p. That really sucks.

I used to be king at quake 2 when i was younger.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
I had no idea new games were p2p. That really sucks.

I used to be king at quake 2 when i was younger.

I haven't seen a dedicated server client on a new game in several years. Its unfortunate as I used to like having the ability to run private game servers for my friends.

_k_

Slightly less n00b
Team Fortress 2

.....Shattered Horizon

alxlwson

Staff member
I believe the new BF game has/incoming server browsers or custom servers? Feel like I read that recently

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the new BF game has/incoming server browsers or custom servers? Feel like I read that recently

BFV did not even allow rentals at launch, not sure if that changed. BF1 only allowed rentals from authorized vendors and mods were essentially banned...

Become a Patron!