GGWP: New AI-Powered Platform to Combat Toxicity and Disruptive Behavior in Video Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Tired of getting cussed out by 14-year-olds in the latest Call of Duty? That could be a thing of the past thanks to GGWP, an artificial intelligence-powered moderation platform being developed by a group of tech veterans that aims to combat toxicity in video games and promote more positive play.

Go to post

I think games still need SOME trash talk. Not just a filter for swear words and truly 'toxic' behavior. The problem here is that toxic behavior is subjective.

LOL U SUK <--- Not very Toxic to me.

I EFFED UR MOM AND YOU WERE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO US BOTH <-- PRetty toxic.

I'M GONNA BUM F YOUR GRANDMA AND MAKE YOUR GRANDAD WATCH <-- Toxic.

someone else might not be offended by that.

Yeah, keep building skynet, only it won't end you by nukes and robots, it will end you by erasing your digital existence.

I think games still need SOME trash talk. Not just a filter for swear words and truly 'toxic' behavior. The problem here is that toxic behavior is subjective.

LOL U SUK <--- Not very Toxic to me.

I EFFED UR MOM AND YOU WERE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO US BOTH <-- PRetty toxic.

I'M GONNA BUM F YOUR GRANDMA AND MAKE YOUR GRANDAD WATCH <-- Toxic.

someone else might not be offended by that.
Yeah. to me the first one bugs me the most. The last one bugs me the least. I think its because the first 1 actually has something to do with my skill in the current game i'm playing, so that one has a higher chance of tilting me. The 2nd one depends on context. The 3rd one has no relation to the game at all as far as i can tell, so it just wouldnt bug me.

Never been offended by chat. It’s in game behavior that’s the worst - the kind that is usually followed by “git gud”

Get ready for false positives.

AI can't be trusted for ****.

Ever been put in Facebook jail because the algorithms somehow misinterpreted a meme? I have.

Now get ready for this **** in games.

Become a Patron!
Back