GIGABYTE Launches Its First Ultra-wide Gaming Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-g34wqc-ultra-wide-monitor-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE has announced the G34WQC, its first ultra-wide gaming monitor. This is a 34-inch VA panel with a 1500 mm curvature, 3440 x 1440p resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, and one millisecond response time. It’s also DisplayHDR 400 certified and offers 90 percent and 120 percent of the DCI-P3 and sRGB color spaces, respectively.

GIGABYTE didn’t provide a price in its press release, but the G34WQC should be available to purchase later this month or in September.

Original Press Release:

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, is excited to announce the first ultra-wide gaming monitor, G34WQC. The GIGABYTE series monitor has become a hot topic among media and gamers since its launch. The bigger-size screen category has received the most...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
If they would have came out sooner I may have gone with this over my Alienware.

I really need to upgrade my almost 10 year old ASUS 23" 1080P monitor. Next monitor I get needs to have high color accuracy though.

I like the 34" UW 144Hz part but that HDR 400 is a bit scary. Anything less than HDR1000 is almost useless for HDR, especially with a VA panel. I've read some o.k. HDR600 reviews on rtings but even then they often say that it's barely noticeable. It's great that everyone, and their dog, are getting into releasing UW displays these days but they really need to bump up the nits.

I'm tempted in going ultrawide but find it hard to find a good one as I would love HDR and also high refresh rate.

I like the 34" UW 144Hz part but that HDR 400 is a bit scary. Anything less than HDR1000 is almost useless for HDR, especially with a VA panel. I've read some o.k. HDR600 reviews on rtings but even then they often say that it's barely noticeable. It's great that everyone, and their dog, are getting into releasing UW displays these days but they really need to bump up the nits.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I'd prefer a 38" Ultra-wide, but I'm using a 34" now and I like it allot. However, any upgrade for me would need to be at least 144Hz (I'm at 120Hz now) and have HDR support. I'd probably make the jump for just HDR, but HDR400 doesn't seem anywhere near close to being sufficient.

Raise your hand if you make a computer component and dont have a monitor line. Corsair is that you? You have three months to have a monitor line of your own!

I'd prefer a 38" Ultra-wide
I'd have to say that sounds about perfect. Pretty happy with my 49" but it does feel a tad too big. No real regrets though and I can already envision it moving to another desk down the road. It's been a great learning experience on many fronts and my 1st UW display. Still waiting for that perfect display though. The problem with knowing so much about displays, and their potentials, is how many boxes I want to be checked for the 'right' one.

HDR makes Windows look like complete ****.

Fine if you want to turn it on for games. But even then it's not all that well done.

It's not even a factor in my PC display purchasing decisions.

TV is different.

HDR makes Windows look like complete ****.

Fine if you want to turn it on for games. But even then it's not all that well done.

It's not even a factor in my PC display purchasing decisions.

TV is different.

HDR is a mess in Windows, but it's nice in games when it works.

Become a Patron!
Back