GIGABYTE Lists GeForce RTX 3090 with Blower Design

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3090-turbo-24g-face-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

By now, most of you know that NVIDIA’s flagship GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards run relatively hot and suck up plenty of power, so the idea of releasing one without an open-air cooler seems mildly insane, but one manufacturer has gone ahead and done just that. GIGABYTE has listed a BFGPU variant called the GeForce RTX 3090 TURBO 24G, which rolls the dice by adopting a blower design.

It’s too early to tell how it’ll fare on the temperature and/or decibel scale in comparison to its dual- and triple-fan counterparts, but we will say that the graphics card’s clean, minimalist design is quite attractive. As you might expect, the blower design has resulted in a leaner profile that’s certainly easier on the eyes than the waistlines of the Founders Edition and other...

Continue reading...

I wouldn't imagine this would work well let alone be a very good seller.

Maybe for running strictly at stock speeds in poorly cooled cases? Multi GPU setups?

A card for creatives is my bet, To be put in Dell/Lenovo etc workstations as upgrades...
That also goes with the notion that I've been posting about how the 3090 edges into Quadro territory.

That also goes with the notion that I've been posting about how the 3090 edges into Quadro territory.
Yeah man, serious workstation juice on a budget.
The 3090 could very well end up being a hell of a deal for the less loaded creatives out there.

Yeah man, serious workstation juice on a budget.
The 3090 could very well end up being a hell of a deal for the less loaded creatives out there.

For all 3 that manage to buy one, they probably even harder to find then that pot of gold at the end of a raibow

It's great if you just want to replace the cooling anyway. I bought a blower 2080ti from gigabyte, I never intended to use the factory cooler. And gigabyte doesn't even void the warranty if you remove the cooler.

I agree. I have replaced a few coolers on their cards, but never had an issue so warranty never came into play. I try and stick with Gigabyte cards as much as possible since they haven't let me down.

It's great if you just want to replace the cooling anyway. I bought a blower 2080ti from gigabyte, I never intended to use the factory cooler. And gigabyte doesn't even void the warranty if you remove the cooler.
Yes, perfect candidate for a waterblock.

It's more about the pressure relief valve when the 'liquid' cooling gets heat soaked and the system declocks it makes a 'PFSHHH!" Sound to let you know it has real turbo power!!!
Unless they're using a bypass valve instead of a blowoff valve.

Where can one obtain one of these?

See first you find a rainbow and follow it to the pot of gold where you can catch a Leprecon (sp). You then make that little SOB take you to the fae mound where all of the magical creatures live. Once there you bed the princess or prince as suites your fancy, then once they have your child after a surprisingly brief gestation you offer it up as a sacrifice to the demonic forces. Being such a rare creature they will give you a chance to be put on a list to obtain a 3080... but it involves a lot of lube, and 'devil horns' whatever that means.

Become a Patron!
Back