GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Master Motherboard Review

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Special-1024x473.jpg

GIGABYTE is an established brand in the enthusiast community. The company has been around for decades, delivering motherboards in every price point and market segment. Today, we are looking at another one of GIGABYTE’s Aorus Master motherboards. These have gained popularity as high- performance options for overclockers and general enthusiasts. The Aorus Master series tend to have beefy VRM’s and are very well made.

The GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Master

Motherboard-Specifications-150x150.png

The GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Master represents an interesting offering. Typically, high-end motherboards are packed to the...

Continue reading...

Interesting read. If I were going to go with Intel at this stage in the game, this is one of the boards I'd consider for sure.

If I were to build another 10th gen build I would consider this board.

It was a good board. My brother in law used that test setup over the weekend to play Destiny 2 with me. It worked well. The other board I put in a friend's machine is working well. He's had no trouble with it and is very happy with the upgrade. He went from a 3770K and an ASUS Maximus V Extreme (if I recall correctly) and dual GTX 980 Ti's to a single RTX 2080 Ti and a 10700K.

We rarely get to sample additional copies of boards during the review process, so it was nice to see both worked well.

399? That's still terrible. I saw one on Anandtech.com with only 60 DPC latency and it is untweaked yet. I have ASUS Z390-i gaming with 130 highest measured DPC latency. But ASUS is trash don't buy that! Even some 500$+ ASUS mobos suffer with 1ms+ DPC latency. And can't disable HPET in BIOS! Also suffer with cracking sounds unrelated to DPC latency in this case!

There is 8k polling mouse now. It sends packets in 125us intervals, yet timer resolution is 0.5ms only. You will need lowest DPC latency possible for this! No motherboard is even ready and OS for this. DPC latency is generated by drivers mostly.

Also DPC latency isn't absolute measure of input lag! I think even more important are BIOS features. But they differ per hw configurations and there are so many. Yet some bad BIOS features can cause immense input lag! Or what timer motherboard uses. And if you can disable HPET!

Manufacturers didn't care about this long time, even it is problem: if it is above like 500us. And even so it affects you! Thank you for bringing attention to this! Even DPC latency may differ per hw configurations, it is still helpful when picking mobo! Also some people have problem with DPC using Nvidia cards, but AMD shouldn't have any DPC latency problems, at least i heard.

Become a Patron!
Back