GM Confirms Development of Fully Electric Corvette, Hybrid Version Coming as Early as Next Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
General Motors has revealed that it has begun developing an electrified version of Chevrolet's iconic sports car, the Corvette. Mark Reuss, President of General Motors, announced the news on his LinkedIn page today, confirming that both an electrified (i.e., hybrid) and fully electric model is being planned.

Go to post

Ugh, thank you GM for your plans to ruin one of my favorite vehicle series. I was really afraid for Corvette and Camaro after GM announced their desire to get rid of all ICEs by 2035 or some sh1t like that.

Looking at you E mustang
Must you remind me of that Mach-E abomination?!

EDIT: Watched the embedded video. I guess going electric means they got motors on the front wheels, so they got some kind of AWD setup going on. That could be interesting.

Last edited:
You know what as long as they don't turn it into a bubble shaped SUV I'll be happy. (Looking at you E mustang)
Say what you will about the Mach-E, but we can't keep them in the dealership long. We have people lined up putting deposits on them for incoming units. They still make the Mustang GT with the 5.0 V8 which is my preferred one as well. Nonetheless, I wonder if GM will feel the same wrath about this Corvette from long time fans.

Well, in all fairness, how many models of anything are sitting in stock well right now?
Our dealership has been low on inventory like everyone else, but the Mach-E and the Maverick along with the full size Bronco are the big sellers. Those three have had their order banks closed to later this year along with a few others so Ford can catch up. A lots of orders on everything else right now.

Become a Patron!
Back