GOG Galaxy 2.0 Enters Open Beta: Consolidate All of Your Games into One Slick App

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Great news for those of you who are sick and tired of managing multiple game launchers: GOG has announced that its Galaxy 2.0 app has entered open beta, which means that any and all PC gamers can consolidate their libraries into a single, beautiful app. Launcher functionality aside, GOG Galaxy 2.0 also offers plenty of additional benefits such as unified friends lists, game stats, and full customization (e.g., library filtering and tagging).

These days our games and friends are spread across multiple platforms… That’s why we’ve created GOG GALAXY 2.0 – the free application that conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console gaming platforms.

Sounds good to me. The question is whether or not I'll have to keep other launchers installed. It'll only be worth it if I can uninstall all of them and launch from GOG.

While the convenience of launching everything from the same place is great, I guess, that is not the part I dislike about having multiple launchers.

I really don't like having more software I don't trust running in the background on my machine sending packets to God knows who.

I observe a strict "no new accounts, no new apps" rule these days. If I have to either sign up for a new account on ANY service, or install an app on my phone, I'm just not going to use the product, regardless of what it is.

This is why I requested a refund after buying Far Cry 3 on Steam. It's a single player game that side-loaded Uplay and wouldn't let me run it unless I signed up for an account, which I refused to do.

I also refuse to use the likes of Discord, instead preferring the non-service dependent alternatives like TeamSpeak.

Become a Patron!
Back