Google Launches Android 10 for Pixel Smartphones

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
As hinted earlier by support representatives, Google today has launched the latest version of its mobile operating system, Android 10. The company has also revamped the official Android site, which provides insight on all of the new features.

Those include an oft-requested dark theme, as well as smart replies (suggested responses to messages), Live Caption (automatically captions video, audio, and other media), enhanced privacy controls, and gesture navigation. Pixel owners should be able to download the update today by visiting their Settings page (System > Advanced > System Update).

Android devices already get regular security updates. And in Android 10, you'll get them even faster and easier. With Google Play system updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update.

Got it on my Pixel 3. Minor cosmetic changes so far. Still plying tho

Is it possible to skip?
I don't want to lose my back button, it's like Google is cutting of their thumbs to make their hands more aerodynamic. ****ing stupid!

I won't be upgrading due to losing the back button.

That's a whole lot of nope.

android-10-enable-gestures-6.png

I don't know why sites were reporting the back button was removed. I guess they meant only for Gesture navigation (duh?).

android-10-enable-gestures-6.png

I don't know why sites were reporting the back button was removed. I guess they meant only for Gesture navigation (duh?).
That's weird. Isn't it already gone for gesture navigation?

I have a back button. I don't do the gesture stuff. Unless I'm in traffic

Become a Patron!
Back