Google Stadia Is Reportedly a “Monumental Flop,” Preorders "below Expectations"

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
With the Founder's Edition (supposedly) selling out, Google Stadia must be a success, right? Not quite. Kotaku's Jason Schreier is reporting that preorders for the streaming service's standard bundle have been "below expectations." There are plenty of reasons for Stadia being a "monumental flop," such as its lackluster subscription model and bevy of technical issues, such as stuttering and severe latency. Many early adopters can't even play because Google never sent them their invite codes.

Launch day Stadia reviews praised the tech, but maligned almost everything around it. From the heap of missing features, limited UI to lack of enough original content, many critics simply couldn’t make a compelling case for its existence at this time. Reviews have also since revealed that some of the games aren’t running at 4K, or 60fps in other cases, such as those of Destiny 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Makes me wonder when they reported selling out of the founder edition if perhaps they had some extremely low quantity available and just didn't tell anyone.

Reactions: _k_
Heh, it just slipped their mind for some reason. I got a good laugh from the reports that guides were sent along to buyers to use the ethernet connection for best performance.

Heh, it just slipped their mind for some reason. I got a good laugh from the reports that guides were sent along to buyers to use the ethernet connection for best performance.
Hadn't heard that. It's like they put salt into their own wounds. I mean, I get it that Wifi add latency but 5Ghz is pretty fast for most and if you've got a crappy router or connection plugging in is only going to help so much.

Via reddit or neogaf:
xtppDl2.png

I’ve only seen exactly what I had expected to see so far

i was kinda hoping to hear something different, but I guess marketing cant change physics yet

Become a Patron!
Back