Got a Radeon 6700 XT

Snowy

Slightly less n00b
I had initially ruled out buying a video card during these crazy times, but decided to check eBay to see how much my video card could go for (Radeon Vega 56).. To my surprise, it was a LOT more than I thought... $600 - $800... After realizing that, I started my search, and I had a card-holder discount at Best Buy (10% off), so I was able to snag a XFX 6700 XT for about $800... So quite a good upgrade for what should be minimal cost once I sell the Vega 56.

The card arrived a few days ago, and it is HUGE. Way bigger than I was expecting. I haven't had a ton of time with it yet, but overall, all games are much higher FPS (1440p) at higher settings. The card more than doubled my performance in Quake Champions. Apex Legends has seen a solid 50+ FPS improvement. And best of all, this card is QUIET. I don't hear it at all. I wish I could've gotten a 6800 or 6800 XT, but I never once saw them in stock for less than about $1500.
Overall, I'm very pleased. I can't wait to put this card to use for some upcoming titles I'm anticipating (STALKER 2, Deadspace remastered).

6700xt.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back