Hail Mickey: Disney Produced 80 Percent of 2019's Top Box Office Hits

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Box office returns suggest that nobody wants to watch anything aside from Disney movies anymore.

According to The Verge, Mickey was responsible for eight of the top 10 highest-grossing films this year.

Marvel Studios hit it big with Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man: Far From Home, while Pixar Animation Studios profited greatly from Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. Remakes, such as Aladdin and The Lion King, also did well by exploiting that sweet '90s nostalgia.

Despite a poor critical reception and (relatively) disappointing opening weekend, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is destined to become another huge contributor to Disney's bottom line this year.

The list reads like an algorithm spewed out movies people would pay $20 to watch. It also epitomizes Disney’s decade-long strategy. Everything belongs to a franchise, or is designed to potentially start a franchise.

the only acquisition that I am happy about is the Fox take over so we can get all the Fox owned Marvel intellectual property incorporated into the main stream Marvel universe

the only acquisition that I am happy about is the Fox take over so we can get all the Fox owned Marvel intellectual property incorporated into the main stream Marvel universe

Yeah, looking forward to that as well. Also, hoping for - finally - a well done Fantastic Four movie.

Thats mostly depressing.. but oh well.
" I don't have to watch it" is true.
I do rent them, and can " enjoy " them, but these movies leave me with nothing ( almost all of them). Thats why its depressing, a lot of people call this great and awesome.
The first frozen was a terrible movie, shocking its so famous.. yes kids I guess.. good lord .
I hope a strong counter culture movement does happen though so it wipes a lot of this cookie cutter crap.

As long as the movies continue to be good and entertaining.... I really don't see a problem here.

Anyone want to see a marvel universe based musical? Because right now... I bet they could pull it off and make it look good. ;)

As long as the movies continue to be good and entertaining.... I really don't see a problem here.

Anyone want to see a marvel universe based musical? Because right now... I bet they could pull it off and make it look good. ;)
Deadpool could pull off

Become a Patron!
Back