HBO Max Pulls Nearly 200 Sesame Street Episodes as Content Purge Continues Ahead of Discovery+ Merger

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Warner Bros. continues to cull its media content as part of its plan for the upcoming HBO Max/Discovery+ merger. The latest casualty of the merger is the long-running show aimed at...

Go to post

I wonder if this is how they cut that free HBO max tie with AT&T.

Tax writeoffs apparently. Don't know if that goes against the contract thet have for sesame through.

I wonder if this is how they cut that free HBO max tie with AT&T.
From what I've read customers who already have it can keep it (like myself). New customers will not be offered it for free any longer.

I don't understand. This seems more like censorship to me than anything else. Either remove the entire show, or none of it. Why were these episodes targeted for removal specifically? I suspect they didn't pass the PC test.

I don't understand. This seems more like censorship to me than anything else. Either remove the entire show, or none of it. Why were these episodes targeted for removal specifically? I suspect they didn't pass the PC test.
I wouldn't call it censorship, but yeah - it's very odd that it's some and not all.

My best guess is that there is some different licensing - maybe back when it was PBS vs Sesame Workshop, or something with Hensen, or idk.

I wouldn't call it censorship, but yeah - it's very odd that it's some and not all.

My best guess is that there is some different licensing - maybe back when it was PBS vs Sesame Workshop, or something with Hensen, or idk.
I'm pretty sure you're right. That and then there are the various guest stars that probably have different licensing costs as well.

Its not censorship. Its money and fuzzy accounting. Declare it a loss, tax writeoff, plus no dividend or some such?

LOL wow someone was having fun with the systems on the I got laid off day FAAFO.

Become a Patron!
Back