Here’s Seven Minutes of Alan Wake Remastered Gameplay in 4K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
alan-wake-remastered-logo-remedy-entertainment-1024x576.jpg
Image: Remedy Entertainment

IGN has shared seven minutes of 4K gameplay for the upcoming remaster of Remedy Entertainment’s cult-classic action thriller, Alan Wake. Taking place during an early portion of the game, the footage provides a very clear look at some of the graphical upgrades that the game has received, which include updated character models and improved environmental detail. It also includes a handful of cinematic sequences that show off the remaster’s improved facial animation and lip sync.

From Remedy Entertainment:

Alan Wake Remastered is a remastered version of the original Alan Wake (2012 PC version). For fans of the original, it’s a new refreshed experience of the game they love. For newcomers, it’s a great way to experience the classic Alan Wake on new platforms taking advantage of next-generation technology.The remaster...

Continue reading...

A little bummed about it lacking ray tracing and especially HDR. I know HDR is a hot mess for most people but with the right display, and proper implementation, it can really look good. This is a game that could really benefit from it due to the many dark elements. I'm glad they got DLSS going but I've got doubts about how much it's needed since ray tracing isn't involved but either way it'll help the FPS.

I originally got this for free on EGS but I might end up paying for it this time around. Never finished it but I found it interesting. Still trying to make myself finish Control though. There are aspects of both I like but after a while I just get bored.

Become a Patron!
Back