Hideo Kojima Announces Plan to Make Movies Under His Studio, Kojima Productions

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Hideo Kojima will finally fulfill his dream of being a filmmaker. During an interview with the BBC, the legendary developer revealed that in the future, "Kojima Productions will start making films." Kojima's games have received criticism for an overabundance of cinematic flair and extensive cutscenes, so maybe this is where his talents truly belong.

Kojima also talked about streaming. "I think within the next few years, gaming will move on to streaming," Kojima said. "Movies, dramas and games will all be streamed, and you’ll enjoy them on your iPad or iPhone or a screen anytime, anywhere." With the different mediums competing in the same space, he thinks it will inspire new formats that he wants to work with.

What in tha fuuuuck. Going back to his original dream before he got into game development huh?

That might work for Japanese audiences but I doubt it will go over well with Americans. Frankly, based on what I've seen of his games I can't see this ending well. It's likely to be a bunch of overly pretentious bullshit that can only be appreciated by people who wear berets, have beards and drink only craft beers.

Become a Patron!
Back